Tuesday, March 29, 2005

boys

I never thought I would believe those moms and others that said - oh the teen years - are the most difficult. But those ladies and gents know what they are talking about , add in the twisted way we have blended families today and there you are.... enough to make a sane mom a crazy person. the oldest at 14 has issues and the next one at 13 has even more. Since the 13 year old is mine from a previous marriage and the 14 year old came to live with us from my husband's previous marriage he started to live with us last year and started high school too, I think I am going insane.

Mine has raging hormones and raging anger at me, the world, the unfairnesses in life and his dad, he wants to live a fantasy life with Dad- who doesn't really want him cramping his style- he pissed cause we set rules and boundries and have expectations for his life. Where has my little boy gone? The boy I loved and was so loving back? I am struggling to accept this independant fierce young man who lives in my house but "doesn't care" about anything these days. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make this stage go away, I know In my heart I will be stronger for going through this but really I don't want too :)

No comments: