Sunday, December 31, 2006
Wednesday, December 27, 2006
Sunday, December 24, 2006
|Your Christmas is Most Like: Miracle on 34th Street|
Sweet and caring, Christmas is about helping for you.
While Santa may not exist, you try to share his spirit.
I hope everyone has a very merry Christmas and a very happy new year.
Saturday, December 23, 2006
I love meme tags (definition) as "scrapbooking fodder". They make layouts so easy. Enter your answers, print out the list, slap it on some background paper and call it done, baby!
Angie a Christmas one on Wendy Smedley's blog, then got another variation emailed to her at work. So she smushed them together, and posted it . Anyone can play! Feel free to answer on your own blog.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?mostly wrapping paper.
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial and now pre-lit
3. When do you put up the tree? sometime after thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? sometime early in January ;)
5. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? Either I like both!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Malibu Barbie ( she was so cool)
7. Do you have a nativity scene? yes a little one made of resin, very cute.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My Hubby, who likes expensive and geeky toys.
9. Easiest person to buy for? my daughter
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't remember anything truly awful for Christmas
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? mail, though I don't send many anymore. I like to send valentines instead.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Miricle on 34th street
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? November and December, unless I see something fabulous earlier, though I forget what I bought and where I stashed it.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? yep, I belive some things are better suited to some people.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? a cake called a yule log
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear for me
17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh Come , Oh come Emanuel, sung by Trisha Yearwood
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home with family
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Sure - I read the night before christams so many times I can recite it verbatim too?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Santa
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? traffic and the crowds at the mall and every store.
23. What I love most about Christmas? The traditions, a tree, ornaments and lights.
24. What is your favorite holiday tradition? being together and opening presents on Christmas morning.
25. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? wraps them, then sits them under the tree, some times we know what they are if they are too bulky or big to wrap.
26. Do you hang mistletoe? used to keep it up all year round! haven't hung it a few years.
27. Favorite holiday memory as a child: the year before my little brother was born we went to my aunt and uncles house in San Antonio Texas, my great aunt and uncle showed us all a fabulous time
28. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think I was 11 or 12 and we bought things for my little brother - I am note sure it really was said, it was just assumed.
29. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Lights, ornaments, garland and tinsel
30. Snow - Love it or dread it?Love it especially when we get snow days off from work/school.
31. Can you ice skate? I used to skate great , haven't been skating in years, HH wants to do this for her birthday.
32. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? I love gifts to give, but if someone wants to give me something, I'm happy to allow them that pleasure.
33. Candy canes? o.k. but prefer chocolate
34. What do you leave out for Santa? nothing now the kids are big enough
Friday, December 22, 2006
Thursday, December 21, 2006
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Monday, December 18, 2006
I am up at stupid hours and working a temp job, trying to get everyone settled for a long Christmas break.
I will post more soon, but dashing off in little white flurries this morning means I have to hurry.
everyone is good, but we definitely are struggling to make the ends meet. robbing peter to pay paul at times doesn't make me a happy chick.
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
But gee mine was posted first so I think I should get a little Blog time and credit for a cool idea too!
Here is my Original Altered Drink Carrier
Monday, December 11, 2006
It is to a page on colorstrology by Pantone, but it is misspelled and funny as this is to me it is one of the pages I get the most hits on in a search that has these two words in it, and if the person misspells the word colorology then my link even comes up first in google!
I think a scrapper originally posted the links to this cool interactive Pantone tool online. But I think I have the corner on the misspelled market for sure. So you know you want to click through to see what I am talking about - and then go to the real web site to get your very own colorstrology.
Sunday, December 10, 2006
the High Tea was great, we had little sandwiches, Scones and cookies and cakes. Tea of course and nice conversation. This is a fund raiser for the church in Georgetown - and it was so sweet, I had a great time.
we visited the old church too, fantastic restored and re-done. The organ was fab I took some interior shots that I will post up too.
The Christmas Market had lots of little artisan vendors and good food. A fire pit and some reindeer I bought a cute pair of mittens and I had a wonderful time with friends.
Thursday, December 07, 2006
|You Were Born Under:|
You have both a fiery energy and a warm heart.
Your charisma and charm makes it easy for you to influence others.
Lucky in life, you also have a reputation of being lucky in love.
Power hungry, you are determined to get what you want - no matter what it takes.
You are most compatible with a Monkey or Rat.
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Sunday, December 03, 2006
What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
I read my Creating Keepsakes and Finished off The Great Divorce By C.S. Lewis. Have my Memory Makers Magazine in my Bag I took to work but didn’t get to read too much of it, I bought a Real Simple and Everyday with Rachel Ray. I made it through most of them too. I love my magazines.
What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
We rented a bunch of movies this month. But CARS was the cutest one we watched. I didn’t like the Da Vinci Code too fractured, the book was much better than the movie. I liked Superman returns. I liked Nacho Libre with Jack Black, He makes me laugh.
I really don't watch too much T.V. Just Bronco Football.
What special days did I celebrate and how?
We celebrated S’s birthday and He has gotten lots of things for a month and more , we enjoyed time together and we even made him a cake. It had cherries and chocolate and was great.
We had an outstanding thanksgiving with friends. I am so thankful for my family, my friends and good food! We had 12 for dinner and dessert, and we all ate laughed and had a great time.
What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
I coughed for a while into November, the cold I had in October just hung on and on. S had a little scare and went to the ER- he had such a bad neck pain, that he drove himself to the ER and they did a blood draw and decided at least he was not having any heart issues, gave him muscle relaxant and pain killer, and sent him on home.
What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
We tore up our kitchen and moved out all the stuff and replaced the flooring and, painted and bought new trim and lots of other stuff, ( we won’t talk about the bathroom) , it is starting to come back together, we moved the stove and swapped it with the fridge, so it is strange new working triangle. But I think I am going to like it just fine. All the kids helped with this whole thing, cause S got another neck pain on the second day of working, He and J replaced all the sub flooring, D painted his heart out and Hh too, really painted.
What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
We didn’t do any new restaurants this month. Kale and assorted mushrooms came into our kitchen and we enjoyed to them fullest. I made a mushroom and beef stroganoff that was sooooo good we all oohed and awed.
What special or unusual purchases did I make?
I bought an 8x8 all about me album
What were this month’s disappointments?
Losing my job! The boys are driving me crazy with their stinking thinking, and teen-age antics. I wish there was more to be able to do except keep on loving on them.
What were my accomplishments this month?
I made 2 thanksgiving centerpieces from my used sonic drink carriers and lots of nice floral and thanksgiving scrapbook paper. I made cards and sent them to friends and family with my best wishes. I got a new kitchen floor installed. We did it DIY!
Anything else noteworthy to record?