Thursday, January 31, 2008
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Monday, January 28, 2008
"Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown."
And He replied,
better than a light and safer than a known way."
Sunday, January 27, 2008
I like seeing the stats and where people are coming in from to search for my colorology mispelling and colorstrolgy - right now it seems driven by the chinese new year maybe? as my birthday falls in that time frame... I think there is a tie in to febuary dates and colorology. But that could be speculation on my part. LOL
Anyway it makes me happy to get a few hits. Please feel free to leave me a comment if you like, I like to blog surf and am adding to my blogroll all the time, you can always follow where i like to go on my sidebar link.
|You Are a Strawberry|
You a very interesting person, and you have many facets to your personality.Sometimes you feel very conflicted. Your different sides of your personality pull at you.
You are a very sensual and passionate person. You are fiery... you can't help it.In general, you keep your passionate side under wraps. You are only wild in private.
Friday, January 25, 2008
Kathy L. Patrick, author The Pulpwood Queens' Tiara-Wearing, Book-Sharing Guide to Life, the official book of the Pulpwood Queens—“where tiaras are mandatory and reading good books are the rule!”—celebrates the transformative power of reading and is a resource for book clubs and book lovers everywhere.
Thank you Iola and Phyllis - I am voratiously reading it! already. That is very cool you got me a signed personalized copy :) The other bling items were a very big hit as well for the future birthday girl Hh. And SSD2 hasn't seen his cool over the hedge items but I can positivly say they will be a big hit too. So thank you for the goodies.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
there was some discussion about how to get the paper on the mailbox and around the flag, well in the last photo you can see I used the seam there its not a perfect match but hey pretty good and the flag still functions. you can see the seam in the 1st photo as well there I used a sticker for a little camo , the Maybe baby paper has a definite edge to it ( shabby painted or inked look) but they are still pretty darn cute.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
well I rode on a bus that very much resembled this one in the photo. This is not my typical commute and I prepared myself by visiting the RTD-denver website and located the route and times I would arrive and depart from downtown... so far so good. This morning it was about 3 degrees and dry but I managed to walk two city blocks from the 16th street mall down to the building in relative comfort and the bus commute though VERY full went fast and easy ( no real trouble)
the return trip however was a little more trouble! I walked about 5 blocks to the Market street station ( though the temp was in the 30's at least tonight) I arrived in time to take the 5:14 bus ... getting on the bus I realized the driver was not to be seen and wondered to myself well how will they count fairs?? we sat a few minutes and departed on time. I had my eco pass around my neck thank goodness- and sat near the front. I made it to the east side of the westminster park and ride, departed with the other more experienced riders and said to the driver, thanks and have a nice evening.... well he looked up at me and said HEY do you have a PASS???? well at least i didn't have it tucked away but still around my neck so I flashed it at him but was embarrassed by my ignorance of the etiquette of downtown commuting :) Later on this evening I learned from Art ( an experienced downtown commuter) that this is typical protocol for the afternoon commute home, you get counted by the driver for the fair at the end of the ride, in order to facilitate the boarding and leaving of the bus!!
Well there is always Thursday when I will be headed to downtown again! Armed with my new found knowledge it ought to make for smooth riding. YEAH go RTD
Monday, January 21, 2008
these are chipboard postcards that came inside the mailbox I altered for Hh below. the paper on her altered box is daisy d's Maybe baby and the postcards are last years KI memories chill out and holidays lines. embelishments from kiss me collection .
the little mail boxes I purchased at target in thier dollar section, one is going to work with me and the other well you will have to wait and see where it turns up, They are little tim boxes and are so very cute. I will post additional photos of them later on.
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
here is the graduation to Blue belts! this was saturday past and the karate kids are really progressing.
SSD1 Did not follow directions and wait for his photo with a " blue Belt" so there are none of him in front of the dojo oh well he still did well and made it to the next level.
both SSd1 and Hh are loving this stuff, I am so proud they have stuck with it and are really getting a better self from it.
I highly recomend this activity for those kids who take to it.
great job girl!
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Thursday, January 10, 2008
There are some neat features on this network as you learn about your contacts and have degrees of separation. ( this at first remainds me of the 6 degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon :) ) There is a question and answer forum, it seems helpful too. Well I am completely falling asleep here at my desk, so time to move and do something else. ( like get some shut Eye).
this is due to a leak in my sleep mask I think. I can tell when I am not sleeping as well as I should.
Tuesday, January 08, 2008
Sunday, January 06, 2008
We had a discussion last night at Archivers ( I actually scrapped) about color and how Pantone influences all the things by these color recomendations. The lady next to me had christmas cards and then purchased paper to make christmas layouts in her scrapbook, and as the night progressed kept exclaiming on how the cards were so much in the family of the papers she had purchased.... well you see Pantone has influenced that too I explined this too her and we had a laugh about it.
Friday, January 04, 2008
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before? a State of Colorado Job! and a call center job, and a test reader ( for Measured Progress- Kelly temps)
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions and will you make more for next year? Not much for resolutions, better that I take my self a little less seriously.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No I am in the sandwich generation at the moment.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No but we lost a bunch of church ladies this year and so that made it tough on this senior warden.
5. What countries did you visit? does Kansas count?
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? A maid again! yup on my mind a bunch these days :)
7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? July 10 2007 my First day at this University of Colorado Benefits Counselor job.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Definatly my new job ( that I love) .
9. What was your biggest failure? Not managing the finances as well as could be done, I am my worst critic.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?Hurt the knee while at Wood Badge over the summer . It took a while to get better and I am still having pain, I now know I have arthiritus on it as well. .
11. What was the best thing you bought? A leather Coat at thanksgiving for 60$ at a thrift store in Topeka. The sansa 2 gig disks/mp3 players we bought in Topeka for 35$ and the extreme Rockers we bought in Topeka for 35$ each.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?Hh as she is considerate and really taking on tasks on her own more and more.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? That would be J, sucks that he made life so miserable and intolerable this year, even sadder is the fact that we are enjoying not having him here. ( there is just less of a stress level)
14. Where did most of your money go? Mortgage, mortgage and mortgage.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My New Job, silly as it sounds- this was the highlight of my year.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007? Brad Paisley- singing about being online. "So much cooler online" reminds me of SSd1 !
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: Happier or sadder? Thinner or fatter? Richer or poorer? Happier, Fatter and Richer!! I am by no means Rich, but I had the pounds off then Nov and Dec happened. Back on the wagon folks! yup the walking wagon!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Travelling to see friends and family.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worrying, It is hard to be the constant worry-wart and responsible person all the time.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? All together with all the kids, it was very nice.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007? All over again with S.
23. How many one-night stands? Not a one.
24. What was your favorite TV show? Supranos.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Nope
26. What was the best book you read? The Time travelers wife, Harry Potter vol 7.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? The variety album that Scott put together for all his friends.
28. What did you want and get? A great job- yeah me.
29. What did you want and not get? A winning lotto ticket
30. What was your favorite film of this year? We didn't see many movies in the theater.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Partied with my family ate an icecream cake and had a great time. 43
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? The ability to complete the bathroom.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? Had to get back to profesional clothing for work world and presentations.
34. What kept you sane? My Friends, laughing at cards and letters, my scrapbooking hobby, music and my gratitude journal.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most? World politics of war.
38. Who was the best new person you met? My boss Michelle, and my great new teamates.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007. I learned that hard work and experience can really payoff you just have to be paitient.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. You can spend your whole life building something from nothing One storm can come and blow it all away Build it anyway You can chase a dream that seems so out of reach and you know it might not ever come your way Dream it anyway Chorus: God is great, but sometimes life ain't good And when I pray it doesn't always turn out like I think it should But I do it anyway, I do it anyway This world's gone crazy and it's hard to believe that tomorrow will be better than today Believe it anyway You can love someone with all your heart, for all the right reasons, and in a moment they can choose to walk away Love 'em anyway Chorus You can pour your soul out singing a song you believe in that tomorrow they'll forget you ever sang Sing it anyway, yeah sing it anyway I sing, I dream, I love, anyway
Thursday, January 03, 2008
Wednesday, January 02, 2008
Hh asked me the other day in Church why do we say he and his all the time in the book of common prayer? Well my response was that Gram Ollie was working on a new revised edition of that all important document with a gender neutral phrasing. That this was " old school" and we would someday have more genderless language but still retain the wonderfulness of our episcopal traditions.
She is ahead of her time ( Gram and Hh)
Tuesday, January 01, 2008
|You Have A Type B+ Personality|
While you're totally laid back, you can have bouts of hyperactivity.Get into a project you love, and you won't stop until it's doneYou're passionate - just selective about your passions