Friday, January 04, 2008

kiped questions

From Scott at Life is - my fellow groudhog- who stole it from Cheryl.

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before? a State of Colorado Job! and a call center job, and a test reader ( for Measured Progress- Kelly temps)

2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions and will you make more for next year? Not much for resolutions, better that I take my self a little less seriously.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No I am in the sandwich generation at the moment.

4. Did anyone close to you die? No but we lost a bunch of church ladies this year and so that made it tough on this senior warden.

5. What countries did you visit? does Kansas count?

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? A maid again! yup on my mind a bunch these days :)

7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? July 10 2007 my First day at this University of Colorado Benefits Counselor job.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Definatly my new job ( that I love) .

9. What was your biggest failure? Not managing the finances as well as could be done, I am my worst critic.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?Hurt the knee while at Wood Badge over the summer . It took a while to get better and I am still having pain, I now know I have arthiritus on it as well. .

11. What was the best thing you bought? A leather Coat at thanksgiving for 60$ at a thrift store in Topeka. The sansa 2 gig disks/mp3 players we bought in Topeka for 35$ and the extreme Rockers we bought in Topeka for 35$ each.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?Hh as she is considerate and really taking on tasks on her own more and more.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? That would be J, sucks that he made life so miserable and intolerable this year, even sadder is the fact that we are enjoying not having him here. ( there is just less of a stress level)

14. Where did most of your money go? Mortgage, mortgage and mortgage.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My New Job, silly as it sounds- this was the highlight of my year.

16. What song will always remind you of 2007? Brad Paisley- singing about being online. "So much cooler online" reminds me of SSd1 !

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: Happier or sadder? Thinner or fatter? Richer or poorer? Happier, Fatter and Richer!! I am by no means Rich, but I had the pounds off then Nov and Dec happened. Back on the wagon folks! yup the walking wagon!

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Travelling to see friends and family.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worrying, It is hard to be the constant worry-wart and responsible person all the time.

20. How will you be spending Christmas? All together with all the kids, it was very nice.

21. Did you fall in love in 2007? All over again with S.

23. How many one-night stands? Not a one.

24. What was your favorite TV show? Supranos.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Nope

26. What was the best book you read? The Time travelers wife, Harry Potter vol 7.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery? The variety album that Scott put together for all his friends.

28. What did you want and get? A great job- yeah me.

29. What did you want and not get? A winning lotto ticket

30. What was your favorite film of this year? We didn't see many movies in the theater.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Partied with my family ate an icecream cake and had a great time. 43

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? The ability to complete the bathroom.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? Had to get back to profesional clothing for work world and presentations.

34. What kept you sane? My Friends, laughing at cards and letters, my scrapbooking hobby, music and my gratitude journal.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

36. What political issue stirred you the most? World politics of war.

38. Who was the best new person you met? My boss Michelle, and my great new teamates.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007. I learned that hard work and experience can really payoff you just have to be paitient.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. You can spend your whole life building something from nothing One storm can come and blow it all away Build it anyway You can chase a dream that seems so out of reach and you know it might not ever come your way Dream it anyway Chorus: God is great, but sometimes life ain't good And when I pray it doesn't always turn out like I think it should But I do it anyway, I do it anyway This world's gone crazy and it's hard to believe that tomorrow will be better than today Believe it anyway You can love someone with all your heart, for all the right reasons, and in a moment they can choose to walk away Love 'em anyway Chorus You can pour your soul out singing a song you believe in that tomorrow they'll forget you ever sang Sing it anyway, yeah sing it anyway I sing, I dream, I love, anyway

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Loved reading thru your answers. I am so glad you love your job and I like the meez character on your blog. Hope you have another great year?