Thursday, December 29, 2005
Wednesday, December 28, 2005
You are the the Swedish Chef.You are a talented individual, nobody understands
you. Perhaps it's because you talk funny.
FAVORITE EXPRESSION:"Brk! Brk! Brk!"HOBBIES:Kokin' der yummee-yummers
FAVORITE MOVIE:"Wild Strawberries...and Creme"
LAST BOOK READ:"Der Swedish Chef Kokin' Bokin'"
QUOTE:"Vergoofin der flicke stoobin mit der brk-brk
What Muppet are you?
brought to you by
Tuesday, December 27, 2005
- Virus:: what happens when a drop of ink spreads- to everything and everywhere
- Poop: what the dogs and babies do
- Smart:: sting- oh that smarts!
- Agent:: secret agent man
- Wrap:: thats a wrap- all done and over
- Brass:: head honcho- top brass- man in charge
- Waste of time:: me-doing internet things instead of my job LOL
- Suspicious:: my boss when I am typing away not doing my job!
- 360:: a skateboard move- tony hawk under ground (thug)
- Dummy:: Crash test auto Dummies.
Saturday, December 24, 2005
On the twelfth Day of Christmas- twelve fruits in a wonderful bushel basket and very nice neighbors!! at our door revealing they were the ones behind all the fun.!!
we so enjoyed this treat and were happy that they told us who was behind all the goodies, and what a cute and fun thing for all the family and thiers too.
so here is the final gift and verse.
I love all the cards I have gotten this year and the funny letters too.
This has been a good christmas and fun so far too.
SO MERRY CHRISTMAS to all and to all a good night.. may post later on this evening with some photos.
Friday, December 23, 2005
10 eggs- not a dozen! lol will post photo or bag and verse later tonight!
Do you think my secret santa will reveal themselves?? Or will their identity remain a secret until next year? What a nice thing this has been and really gotten me into the spirit of the holiday.
Thursday, December 22, 2005
anyway bag number nine had 9 sticks of gum - one full pack and an opened pack, which I promtly accused J of eatting one, and he said noooo. it is #9 for the ninth day !!
so there you are, thanks again for making this a great fun holiday season- secret santa
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
here is the link at shoewawa- I love my crocs and don't post it as often as I should but they are great, I own 5 pairs and want more.
this is a layout done digitally with my Hh's crocs and her friends
it says all you really need is the right pair of shoes- cinderella
and here is my 15 minutes of fame on the crocs web site- a letter and a layout made it online!! can you all believe it.
the purses are from the seatbelt bags company- I love my purple one and I have had it for a year now, it is indestructable and I want another one too. I love these things!! and what fun to make a great about me and my girlfriend pages... for me and Hh.
this morning is cookies- 8 of them so cute.
Thank you secret santa, I hope that this santa will reveal who they are so I can thank them properly.
will post more later.
Monday, December 19, 2005
Sunday, December 18, 2005
Here is another example of the bling bling ring ring!! it was too funny not to post it here. It inspires with its gaudiness , this one they say is just swarjozki (sp) crystals. but a beauty non the less.
Waiting for more Christmas presents, what a fun little thing a friend or neighbor is doing for me.... how sweet and a memory I will treasure.
Friday, December 16, 2005
|Your Hair Should Be Red|
red, green and yellow !! will post picture later tonight, as I didn't get this one until this A.M.... I was in a hurry to get out the door...
It may be later on tonight - we are off to Steven's Christmas party and fun evening tonight.
this is a cute idea. and I am loving it.
Thanks secret santa.
Wednesday, December 14, 2005
this is so cute and sweet-- I love the snowman bags so far too, I think I see a theme here.
Again came home tonight to find a treat and treasure on my door step and the cutest little rhyme-
Thank you secret friend and Santa...... I am looking forward to more.
Tuesday, December 13, 2005
a loaf of homemade bread and a verse to keep me guessing.
this is the cutest and nicest thing I have gotten in a long time. and to have it show up anon. is pretty sweet too.
So I told Steven I am going to blog this for sure, came right downstairs and took these photos of my cute package.....
SO THANK YOU SECRET SANTA (NEIGHBOR OR FRIEND)
Friday, December 09, 2005
A couple of years ago my boss wanted to only do staff and not anyone else to our parties- I am o.k. with this because we often talk about work and we don't know each others spouses too well sometimes. So we go by ourselves and don't take our other halfs. This fact makes Steven crazy! but in the end I think it is good.... he doesn't have to make small talk to other spouses he dosen't even know. They guys had a good time too.
we started with a ceasar salad and a portbello mushroom dish with tomatoes and onions, as an appitizer, mmmm good. we went on to two main dishes , one veal and one with penne and chicken and threes dessert-ah wonderful
Wednesday, December 07, 2005
Monday, December 05, 2005
I work in an industry prone to jargon things too, when I first started at my current job, it was funny and I kept a list...
A.B. Dick Sucker feet
dog and worm
wash up blades
clean up sheets
ecentric shoulder screw
score and perf
Can you guess what these things belong too? I will send you a RAK gift if you post the correct industy and business that might use these items- in my comments - the verification is turned on so you do have to do that to leave a comment. I will post the winner here and then they can e-mail me with thier information
I want all the good things life has to offer and I want loving relationships in my life, I want to continue to talk to others and give of myself where and when I can. I wish I came from a more " normal family" and that there weren't so many secrets and things that my family didn't want to talk about. skelotons in the closet have started to fall out and it is good to know that the bones can see the light of day. I wish I could be a little more steely and more backbone to stand up and ask the right questions and get some answers even if it hurts. My mom and dad are not getting any younger and we will lose that library soon - I want more history than I am getting....
Sunday, December 04, 2005
- Amazing:: grace
- Delights:: chocolate, cookies, ice cream
- Inspired:: by art, graphics, design
- Disgusted:: by lies, and maggots
- You:: and me together
- Vagina:: monologs
- Palm:: trees swaying in the sun
- Sweetheart:: Let me call you sweetheart
- Guilt:: what my mother makes me feel
- More to come:: I hope lots more fun and love and life.
find your own mutterings here at subliminal
Friday, December 02, 2005
Wednesday, November 30, 2005
Sunday, November 27, 2005
- Stuffed:: like a turkey on thanksgiving! overflowing
- Armstrong:: Lance
- Bruise:: egos : mine and others
- Content:: satisfied with things.
- Musical:: Polar express and the songs and dance.
- Assistance:: 911
- Scrambling:: eggs for breakfast
- Battle:: what Steven is doing by playing computer games.
- Extended:: family - though I wish mine were closer
- Discount:: store
way more than you ever wanted or needed to know about me
found this one on a blog from Dawn who got it here [under construction]
1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT? Under the left side of my nose, I have a small scar from a pair of scissors my brother threw at me when I was a little kid about 3rd grade or so. They hit me and cut me. And it was one scar that never went away fully.
2. NAME 7 THINGS IN YOUR ROOM My bedroom is a sanctuary that I consider my room: candles, books, stuffed animals, lots of pillows, down comforter, TV. and phone.
3. WHAT DOES YOUR CELL PHONE LOOK LIKE? Purple cover and small, earpiece and tucked into my purse.
4. WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LIKE TO LISTEN TO? Country
5. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN? About 3:00 a.m. in the morning
6. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FORWARD TO THE MOST IN THE NEXT 6 MONTHS? My birthday, maybe going to CKU in May
7. WHAT DO YOU MISS? Having a very close friendship with other women, I am not too good at being friends and it is frustrating for me as I am so hard on myself.
8. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION? My necklace that I wear everyday- the one Steven bought for me.
9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SMELL? Coffee, breakfast
10. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC? Yes in a crowd- too many people together freak me out!
11. IF YOU DIED TOMORROW: I hope that my family would be happy with some of the legacy I have left in my scrapbooks, though they are not finished
12. THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY? – my son and talking about him makes me cry with frustration and desire that he be a better person and find things to help him get along easier in this world. His teenage years are tough so far.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE
14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX? Short is best for my personal taste. I like that Steven will let me cut his with the clippers, it always gives me a thrill.
15. WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF BEING PROPOSED TO AT? Been there done that already (older)
16. DO YOU LIKE PORN? Yes.
17. WHO IS THE LAST PERSON YOU MADE MAD? My EX, that seems par for the course where he is concerned. I just get mad at myself mostly, he doesn't " make " me that way, some days I try to choose not too.
18. DO YOU SPEAK A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE? Yes French was my minor and I speak some German too. I read and understand it better thatn the speaking it.
19. WHAT WAS THE BEST GIFT SOMEONE EVER GAVE YOU? Steven gave me a CD player and music that I just loved and it meant so much too me I still think it was one of the best romantic gifts I have ever gotten.
20. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING? Yes
21. WHAT IS THE
22. SAY A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED:02
23. WHAT IS THE LAST TEXT MSG YOU RECEIVED? So long ago don’t remember it.
24. WHAT IS THE ONE NUMBER YOU CALL OFTEN? Stevens’s cell phone
25. WHAT ANNOYS YOU MOST? Liars and people who out and out lie
26. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE
27. YOUR WEAKNESSES? Chocolate and good food.
28. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
29. FIRST JOB? Babysitting then went on to restaurant work hostessing
30. WHEN YOU WERE YOUNGER, WHAT DID YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GREW UP? A teacher, a doctor or a mom
31. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU FILLED OUT THIS SURVEY? Just surfing the blogs and just getting up from a nap
32. IF YOU COULD GET PLASTIC SURGERY, WHAT WOULD IT BE? Well maybe a breast reduction. Nope, just, the weight reduction surgery.
33.WHY DID YOU FILL THIS SURVEY OUT? i found it while blog-surfing & i liked that it was completely different & i am one of those strange people who likes these things if they aren't the same 5 that have been floating around since the beginning of the internet.
34. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST? My cooking ability, my hospitality and kindness.
35. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF ALCOHOL BECAME ILLEGAL? No problem, can live without it.
36. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY? This year I want to go to CKU and that will be in May (not my birthday) I would like to have a gift certificate to a spa day of pampering. My bathroom done.
37. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT? I have 2 of my own and 2 of my husband and they are the perfect number.
38. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Not a real person, a fictional Russian spy from a French novel according to my mother.
39. DO YOU WISH ON STARS? No just birthday candles
40. IF YOU COULD PUT 5 BANDS TOGETHER TO PLAY A CONCERT, WHO WOULD YOU CHOOSE? I would want to see all the big country headliners, Alan Jackson and Martina McBride top my list, with Toby Keith,
41. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? During the movie Million Dollar Baby
42. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yes I do, and many people say I have nice handwriting
43. WHERE DO YOU WANT TO RETIRE? Haven’t really given this too much though but maybe someplace like St. Maarten
44. ANY BAD HABITS? Yup , eat too much, bitch too much and occasionally whine.
45. WHAT IS YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING CD ON THE SHELF? Paula Abdul
46. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I would- as I like creative and smart people and those with honesty and kindness.
47. HAVE YOU EVER TOLD A SECRET YOU SWORE NOT TO TELL? Yes, I think I have though I can’t remember justifying why. I feel I usually don’t do the telling until the secret has past and doesn’t really matter anymore.
48. DO LOOKS MATTER? Yes – sadly for me as I am not a norm- it has always provided a way for people to discriminate against me.
49. HOW DO YOU RELEASE ANGER? Throw things and slam doors, things that make a big bang for the buck help.
50. WHERE IS YOUR SECOND HOME? Don’t have one, though would love to have a cabin in the woods or a house on the beach.
51. DO YOU TRUST OTHERS EASILY? Yes much to my dismay sometimes- I am very naive
52. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD? I liked my dolls and Barbie a lot
53. HOW MANY NUMBERS ARE IN YOUR CELL PHONE? About 40
54. DO YOU USE SARCASM? I have been accused of having an attitude and rolling my eyes occasionally
55. EVER BEEN IN A MOSH PIT? Nope
56. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GUY/GIRL? A honest person, trustworthy with integrity and someone who walks the talk (Steven) , has a sense of humor and likes many of the same things I do
57. WHAT ARE YOUR NICKNAMES? Queue_t, QT and T- Trouble
58. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Hardly ever!
59. DO YOU THINK THAT YOU HAVE STRONG POINTS? Some, but I am my worst critic and find it easier to be negative and find my faults
60. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? I like anything with chocolate, I especially like the baskin robbins chocolate with peanut butter ice cream.
61. What is your shoe size? Depends on the shoes
62. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE COLORS? I like purple and red- I didn’t wear red for many years as my first husband hated it and so I didn’t wear it not I own a few things and love them.
63.HOW MANY WISDOM TEETH DO YOU HAVE? None of 'em
64. WHO DO YOU MISS MOST RIGHT NOW? My friend Kate, wish we could be closer to be able to scrap and do fun creative stuff.
65. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS? no one has to. if you do though i wish you would link back to it so i can see!
66. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Music videos on MTV hits.
67. LAST THING YOU ATE? A doughnut at coffee hour at church today and a few chocolate pretzels this afternoon.
68. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? I don’t know I have to think about this I talk on the phone at work all day and don’t care if I don’t talk to anyone other than family. Yes it was Steven’s mom on thanks giving day.
69. IF YOU WERE GIVEN $100, WHAT WOULD YOU GO BUY? Clothes at the moment I need some new work pants Steven needs some more clothes too.
71. WHO DO YOU THINK IS OVERRATED? Being a parent, and responsible adult
72. FAVORITE DRINK? ice cold water, I like Dr. Pepper for soft drinks
73. FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK? Amaretto or a mud slide
74. WHAT ARE YOUR NEW YEARS EVE PLANS? home with Steven and a few
75. WHERE WAS YOUR LAST VACATION?: I can’t remember, we took a little working break to
76. WHAT INSPIRES YOU?: Photos and other artists, graphics and magazines. Music and lyrics, good story telling
77. SIBLINGS? Yes 2 brothers one older and one younger- I am the middle child
78. FAVORITE MONTH? February- a romantic love valentines, my birthday and my baby girl’s birthday
79. YOU LIKE SUSHI? Yes I like it.
80. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Polar Express, very cool and well done. Million Dollar Baby (made me cry) In the theater, we saw Walk the Line- I loved this movie and thought it was well done and cast outstandingly.
81. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR? My birthday
82. ARE YOU TOO SHY TO ASK SOMEONE OUT? No , just really wasn’t raised that way. Would rather be the traditional girly girl.
83. SUMMER OR WINTER? Not me , I like fall best of all
84.Kiss or hugs? Hugs more but still like kisses
85. RELATIONSHIPS OR ONE NIGHT STANDS? relationships
86. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? In Her Shoes by J. Wiener- pretty funny so far, I just finished a million little pieces by James Frey wow powerful and inspiring.
87. WHERE DO YOU WORK? A small company-
88. WHATS YOUR MAJOR? My Major was Distributed Studies- a B.A. ( maybe some B.S…LOL)
89. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? Moving up and trading spaces on TLC
90. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK WHEN YOU WAKE UP? What time is it?
Thursday, November 24, 2005
Things I am thankful for:
A wonderful supportive Husband, friend and lover in Steven.
4 great kids- whom i wouldn't rade the world for.
I have a good Job and earn a nice wage.
I have a nice house in a nice neighboorhood.
my Friends that are here in town and far away: they are the support system for me when things need to be told, discussed and disected LOL.
I have a car to drive and money to put gas in it.
my husbands parents
all the techie things I have- all the care steven gives them
scrapbooking, it is a great hobby and makes me happy when I am creating.
a Great Church and Rector there...where we are welcome and part of a larger family in God.
my puppies and kitties
I have more things to be thankful for but these are the ones that come right to the top of my list.
Tuesday, November 22, 2005
Sunday, November 20, 2005
Thursday, November 17, 2005
He told me he had a surpize waiting for me at home tonight and guess what it was???? it was this little ipod
we downloaded some cool software called anapod and it makes it easy to rip music and download it to the ipod shuffle I can't wait to have this in my hot little hands tomorrow, music for me!
I love this guy so much, he is the best dad, the best husband, respectful and he has integirty , he is a great guy
Tuesday, November 15, 2005
Yeah this is how I feel somedays! And Other times there is no normal at all, there is going from one crisis to another in time to start on a third. Today there was no normal. Went with J to see the regular thearapist and we had an enlightnig session- he is ready to get to work on getting some of his stuff back, and privilages back too. But it is tough and hard for me to hold out for the trust I need to feel to give him back freedom. so we are trying to get unstuck and move forward in a positive way. wish me the best in this tough job called parenthood.
My boss is away for a week, and today there seemed to be endless crisis - so when it came time to talk to him today I declined, because I really think he needs a break form the everyday grind too, all the really good stuff can wait till later....
I am tired and going to go to bed sooner than later tonight. Steven is worried about me because I am really snoring and he thinks I SHOULD SEE A DOCTOR and take the apnea testing. I am thinking about it too. But who has the time - I am thinking of it though....
Monday, November 14, 2005
Join us for the 3rd Annual Stevinson Automotive Gears, Games & Gadgets, November 12th & 13th, 2005. This year's event promises plenty of interactive games and displays, with cars, trucks, motorcycles, electronics and back by popular demand, the 27,000 gallon scuba tank! With tons of new activities and events, this show is sure to surprise you!
Well it surpized me! it was wonderful, no charge to get in a first for me at the convention center! And great sponcership by Stevensons auto group. Wow lots of really cool and amazing cars, really neat arcades all free and fun for all. We took all the kids and everyone had a grand time looking at all the really fun boy toys for big boys.
there were bikers and cyclists and skate borders and fighters, lots of fun and sites to see, schwag to garner. ... I did not bring my camera much to my dismay , that could have even made it better for me. but there was plenty too keep me occupied.
The boys had a blast and we did a fun family thing. ( Steven's birthday present)
Sunday, November 13, 2005
- Mighty:: Lord God Almighty
- Gotta find time to ....:: Have fun and scrap more
- Statistic:: don't want to become one ever
- Midnight:: a time to be sure to be in bed for my 5-1/2 hours of sleep for the night
- Thaw:: I never can remember to take out dinner to do this LOL!
- Hips:: Honky tonk budonkadonk
- Reader:: What I consider myself- what i do well at church
- Related:: my Brothers
- Brilliant:: Steven
- Posture:: wish mine was better
Please remember to use http://subliminal.lunanina.com when linking to Unconscious Mutterings. Thanks
I am not sure how much it want for- but the auction was profitable and there was a good turn out.
my Christmas cards didn't get sold, so maybe I should RAK them here- I hope I will get them back by next week.
Friday, November 11, 2005
This is my Basic Grey tm lunch pail made for the silent auction this weekend at my church. St. James Episcopal Wheat Ridge CO
the papers are from die cuts with a veiw christmas paper pack I purchased last year at JoAnn's near by.
the little tag says Christmas
the gold snow flakes are old large sequins that have been in my stash for ever.
ribbons from all kind of places, espcially my friend Karen ( thanks girlfriend)
I am proud to be the daughter and sister of two fine military men. Thank you for protecting our rights and freedoms around the world. I believe that we live in the best country in the world because we enjoy freedom and democracy .
Happy Veterans day- My dad Alan F. Spector ret USARMY 25 years
My Brother David active US Air Force 20 years
Wednesday, November 09, 2005
" Over the past 15 years or thereabouts, life has directed me to tell stories, and encourage others to do the same. Those of us who "have it bad" likely started out charmed by the connection of hearing a story well told by another. It's a visceral sort of thing, a hunger deep in the soul that we have, that we've probably always had. Experiencing this, we seek to do the same thing ourselves, so we learn some stories, tell them, join storytelling guilds, and then tell some more stories."
" If you're reading this, take a moment when you connect next with another living, breathing soul to share a story. It could be a grand adventure of your youth or the sad tale of loss. Either way, if you can believe it--kernel of truth or nothing but--so too can your listener."
Friday, November 04, 2005
hh was insitant on cowboy garb, vest and boots and braids- that hat is one that I purchased on my trip to the grand canyon when I was 15 and 1/2 the hat band is real pheasant feathers that my friend Sylvia's dh brought home from hunting and we freeze dried them and arranged then in this really wonderful hat band.
D. is goth " pimp" I think. LOL
They decided to go skating this year and not around the neighbor hood. but they had fun and got candy at the roller rink too.
Wednesday, November 02, 2005
Tuesday, November 01, 2005
- Unbreakable:: What I wish my heart was - but seems more breakable lately than usual
- Have mercy:: Oh LORD- and I have been praying alot.
- Do it better:: maybe J will next time, it is getting to the next time that makes it tough.
- Settle scores:: a grudge and a long one at that
- Comments:: What I wish I had on my blog, sorry that I haven't been posting lately will update soon.
- Craziest thing:: Why J doesn't want to be happy??
- Apple:: a day keeps the Dr. away
- Halloween:: Fun for the kids this year.
- Manageable:: my job as office manager
- Trick:: What I feel that i have had done to me lately.
wow this seems so negative- heres hoping your week is better
Please remember to use http://subliminal.lunanina.com when linking to Unconscious Mutterings. Thanks!
Wednesday, October 26, 2005
- Infiltration:: What happens in your arm at an IV site! if not sone correctly
- Nice person:: my friends Kate, Shelley and Karen
- Debt:: sometimes overwhelming to me, never ending for sure.
- Settle down:: get married and have a home
- Thomas:: Jefferson, on money??
- Unforgivable:: all the lies, it is so hard to get over this and move on.
- Medicine:: a way to keep a loved one alive and feeling better
- A year from now:: where will i be? where will you be? will it really matter?
- Neighbors:: interesting, agrevating
- Dripping:: Water- wishing the bathroom would get done soon.
Friday, October 21, 2005
For my non-scrapbooking friends and family, this is a page-a-day calendar. Each page has a project idea — some are scrapbook page ideas and some are just general home craft project ideas. A very nice format.
This thing is awesome!!! Truly amazing. Of course, the projects are inspiring. But there is so much more eye candy! Every project is so beautifully photographed with props and all sorts of neat things. Each page is so beautifully laid out. Awesome work from amazingly creative ladies.
I can't wait to get it bound like the one I bought last year. I had a spiral binding put on the top edge
Thanks to Carrie " handle Life with Care" for her post I swiped it and modified it for me
Thursday, October 20, 2005
I don't understand how to reach out to him, and tell him this could be the best time of your life. (high school) Sports, fun, friends- instead it is defiance and disrespect and stress for all of us.
I haven't written alot lately becuase I am consumed by this whole thing, he is my waking thoughts and my dreams. The peer presure? I am not sure where this begins and ends. Why does he need to be a " bad boy" Where does he end up? why can't he see we don't want him on this path.
well enough of this for today.
Wednesday, October 19, 2005
- On the verge:: of tears- this is how I have been for a few days now, my son is driving me to the end of my rope
- Tempestuous:: agrivating again infulunced by J
- Coherent:: what my ex is NOT most of the time.
- Near death:: experiences
- Illiterate:: the way my son will end up if he continues on this path
- Why not?:: it's only money and you can't take it with you
- Period:: paragraph- the end
- Long lost:: friend
- Torrid:: love affair
- Nail:: biter
Please remember to use http://subliminal.lunanina.com when linking to Unconscious Mutterings. Thanks!
Friday, October 14, 2005
Thursday, October 13, 2005
Shelving holding five thousand pounds of sheet metal or lumber at Home Depot collapses (imagined)…... Have you ever? And I’m not even touching on the human-calculated varieties: shooting, stabbing, strangulation by (a) someone you know, (b) someone you don’t know, (c) someone disgruntled (postal worker, unappreciated employee, failing student). And we can’t forget malpractice. My sister-in-law died at the age of thirty-two during childbirth because the doctors and nurses missed the red-flagged allergic to anesthesia warning on her medical chart. People don’t die anymore in childbirth, everyone knows that, but yet they do; sweet, stunning, silk-scarf-wearing, multilingual Hilary did. People are just dying everywhere, all the time, every which way. What can the rest of us do but hold on for dear life.
I am looking for comfort for my soul, there comes many times in a girls life when we take stock of the things we need to move forward. I am not moving forward at the moment, just when I take one step out it seems there are two to move me back. The Boys and the Ex’s are enough trouble- then there is the volunteering and other things that consume my time, not allowing me to move forward in any direction it seems.
I know I could be different- I know I could be nice and kind, I wish and pray to god to help me understand forgiveness- some days I am better at it than others. I wish I didn’t have to rely on J’s and HH’s dad ( my ex) to give me anything, I wish it were easier, I wish he would move on with his life. But my grandpa used to say if wishes were horses well beggars would fly. So I guess I need solutions that I can accomplish. I have managed to get S. upset with me too. I am going against the solid advice and front I agreed too with Him for J and D’s Grades, I let J go to the football game today even though he was sporting an F in English last night at parent teacher conferences. This whole thing with J grades and school and his dad it is going to be the death of me. (lol)
Tuesday, October 11, 2005
Sunday, October 09, 2005
- Quirk:: a twisted way of thinking or doing
- Crystal:: on "all my children" a soap opera character I am not sure I believe most of the time.
- Pet Peeve:: annoying thing, like clutter I can't seem to control
- Cuban:: cigars, a qwest to find them when we were in the caribean
- Breasts:: mine
- Whispers:: secrets others don't want you to hear
- Complicated:: the way life is most of the time
- Promise me:: you will stay with me forever
- Murder:: a crime
- Filament:: light bulb fresh ideas, new ways of looking at things.
Saturday, October 08, 2005
these are phoos of layouts I did last Friday night and Sent off to my Friend Kate who is having a big Surprise Party for Her Mom today _ her Mom always says she never gets to have a party on her birthday well today is the day !
so the 1st layout is all of us at my dining room table in Febuary when they came for a visit and to celebrate Ja and Hh's birth birthdays then the next one is for Donna= her Vanity Plate is great I love my Vanity plate too, so I had to record it on film and imortalize it on a scrapbook page.
the layout with the shoes. is the second time I have done a croc's page!! we love our fun crocs, see how they are great colors and fun to wear.
In October 1995 I was woking for the USGS and still married to my ex. we were living in a house I liked. I was pregnant with HH and enjoying the time to get things ready for her. I didn't know it was a girl at the time.
5 Years Ago - October 2000
I had just left my job at the survey and was going to stay at home with Hh while we did pre-school and got ready for kindergarden. I just met my Friend Kate! her daughter and mine were in the same pre-school class and and all of us became fast friends.
1 Year Ago - October 2004
I was working hard and I thinking ahead to thanks giving and Steven's birthday.
Yesterday - friday
I worked hard all day and then went to the church to hostess a crop, 4 people came, I had fun and altered a little lunch pail, I will post some photos of it soon,we stayed up late , in fact I am bloging instead of being in bed, so I will sign off and get to bed.
Tuesday, October 04, 2005
I've been tagged!
Yep, ANGEL at Swamp_water has tagged me (she always keeps me on my toes) with the Blog Archives and Hidden Meanings tag. Here's how it goes:
1. Delve into your blog archive.
2. Find your 23rd post (or closest to).
3. Find the fifth sentence (or closest to).
4. Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions. Ponder it for meaning, subtext or hidden agendas.
5. Tag five people to do the same
Here is the text per the instruction above, YEAH I feel like a kid too.
This is from a post about a snow day!! and it is the very last line of the post. It was about taking a day off to go play with my children, this is so important to me, I work hard to be sure that they get all that they need, but you know the quality is sometimes- the just being there as a mom. It is also about how I feel when I get to do things I want instead of things that I have to do.
I have had lots to do latley and I do need to keep this in mind more often- take time to just be a Kid or just feel like a kid anyway.
I will come back and tag a few folks in a little while. ( that is what i am supposed to do) but I have sat on this post this week and I want to blog it.
Saturday, October 01, 2005
Thursday, September 29, 2005
so I will post from here for a little while at work.
J is playing football tonight against columbine, and Hh is singing in the choir seems all is going along, D won an ipod nano at school durring a rally yesterday!
my friend writes me lovley letters- and I think I have decieded to go to CKU if I can in May 06 in provo- so I have to go sign up for the newsletter and see what else is up there.
I hope I have enough time to convince my friend Kate to go too.:) Karen is already on the path to figure out the best method to be able to go, we may try to see if one other girlfriend wants to go too. yippee- this is a dream for me and definate on my bigger wish list of things to do before I die.
Wednesday, September 28, 2005
What are the last two...
1. TV shows you watched? two episodes of Overhauling!! one with a 2005 mustang gt
2. household chores you finished? dishes and well nothing else unless you count making dinner too!
3. food items you ate? we had an asian dish with chicken and ramen noodles.
4. websites (before here) you visited? thoughts from along the broken road google news
5. things you do before you go to sleep? potty and check my alarm is set
Monday, September 26, 2005
Crave:: desire for chocolate mostly, somedays other things.
Whole package:: m and m's
Roommates:: old college gilrfriends, long ago having forgotten me.
5:30:: the time I snooze just once !
Lesbian:: some one dear who I know
Poignant:: emotional and makes you get a tear in your eye
Hurtful:: the things people say about you as if you can't hear them
You and I:: Friends I hope
Grateful:: the blessings I have in my life, god, kids, great husband! a house and a home, a job and plenty to eat.
Giggle:: What Hh, does best at 9 yrs old. what I still do cause I am a girl at heart.
This is her memory
here is mine :
When I was about (almost 6) we went to visit my great aunt and uncle who lived in San Antonio TX. We went there over the christmas holiday, it was the year before my little brother Greg was born, so christmas of 1969 and we didn't know how our lives would be changing in lots of ways after this holiday. My older Brother David and I were old enought to start thinking about Santa and not sure if we belived everything.
Well my Dad was raised in a jewish home so we as a family never had a christmas tree, it was the one thing my mom consented too for the holidays. I am not sure she did a tree growing up in war time France. So we really never knew what this tradition was all about. We always had lots of presents and Santa always came down the chimney or through the stove, depositing presents in our well cleaned shoes and boots. So I don't think we ever thought that a tree was a missing item.
So then there was this very special christmas. My great Aunt and Uncle were childless , but my dad thier nefew was a favorite of theirs. When he knew he would be going away to Vietnam in the near future, his aunt and uncle wanted to shre this special time with all of us. Well in south Texas there wasn't any snow, but when we arrived at the home of my great aunt and uncle , my great aunt came running out to tell us we had just missed Santa who had already came and dropped some presents off by Helicopter!!! Well we were impressed and we were excited too- presents already and still the promise of more from my Parents.
that was just the begiing , we stayed a few days before and after christmas with them and every morning at breakfast my aunt had left us a little gift near our placemat. it was so wonderful and what a great holiday. The other part that still makes my holidays special today was the chance to go into my great uncle's property (50 acres on the guadalupe river) and Cut Down my very first Christmas Tree. This Tradition was never in my family home, but he made this such a special thing, that when I married that was one of the best things we got to do every year, get a tree, When I married my DH Steven, it has been even better....we have had artificial trees and this last year we bought a huge tree- we can put it up every year at Thanksgiving and keep it up until new years and I love the sight and thought of it today as much as the first time.
Thanks for the memories. !!!
Friday, September 23, 2005
what can I say about these photo and these folks. the cake was a crumblling death star I think?? and there were lots of figurines all around.
Then there was a whole lot of folks just dressed in their costumes, some elaborate some not as much.
the lady in blue is a twillick(sp_ but she had a pretty neat get up, lots of blue nylon and a little blue face paint, she said to us this is her most photographed costume!
there were lots of jedi knights in all age brackets from young to old.
Tuesday, September 20, 2005
this is a great list of things that can help with a change in attitude, something I have been looking for a while now. Sometimes I just get so bogged down with having to to the same things everyday the same way, this guy is spot on with a few ways to change the mundane.
I found my friend Ching- I emailed her and have looked at her blog for a while tonight, hope I will hear from her soon too. http://www.myscrapblog.com/chingltan
Sunday, September 18, 2005
here we all are with our funny mustaches, the kids and I all thought they were hillarious. we bought them in the target Dollar section and we all had a blast trrying them out and snapping photos of each of us. D. really enjoyed them and we all got such a laugh. He likes anything that is like a furry disguise and these definatly fit the bill.