Sunday, December 31, 2006
Wednesday, December 27, 2006
Sunday, December 24, 2006
|Your Christmas is Most Like: Miracle on 34th Street|
Sweet and caring, Christmas is about helping for you.
While Santa may not exist, you try to share his spirit.
I hope everyone has a very merry Christmas and a very happy new year.
Saturday, December 23, 2006
I love meme tags (definition) as "scrapbooking fodder". They make layouts so easy. Enter your answers, print out the list, slap it on some background paper and call it done, baby!
Angie a Christmas one on Wendy Smedley's blog, then got another variation emailed to her at work. So she smushed them together, and posted it . Anyone can play! Feel free to answer on your own blog.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?mostly wrapping paper.
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial and now pre-lit
3. When do you put up the tree? sometime after thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? sometime early in January ;)
5. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? Either I like both!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Malibu Barbie ( she was so cool)
7. Do you have a nativity scene? yes a little one made of resin, very cute.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My Hubby, who likes expensive and geeky toys.
9. Easiest person to buy for? my daughter
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't remember anything truly awful for Christmas
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? mail, though I don't send many anymore. I like to send valentines instead.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Miricle on 34th street
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? November and December, unless I see something fabulous earlier, though I forget what I bought and where I stashed it.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? yep, I belive some things are better suited to some people.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? a cake called a yule log
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear for me
17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh Come , Oh come Emanuel, sung by Trisha Yearwood
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home with family
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Sure - I read the night before christams so many times I can recite it verbatim too?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Santa
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? traffic and the crowds at the mall and every store.
23. What I love most about Christmas? The traditions, a tree, ornaments and lights.
24. What is your favorite holiday tradition? being together and opening presents on Christmas morning.
25. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? wraps them, then sits them under the tree, some times we know what they are if they are too bulky or big to wrap.
26. Do you hang mistletoe? used to keep it up all year round! haven't hung it a few years.
27. Favorite holiday memory as a child: the year before my little brother was born we went to my aunt and uncles house in San Antonio Texas, my great aunt and uncle showed us all a fabulous time
28. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think I was 11 or 12 and we bought things for my little brother - I am note sure it really was said, it was just assumed.
29. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Lights, ornaments, garland and tinsel
30. Snow - Love it or dread it?Love it especially when we get snow days off from work/school.
31. Can you ice skate? I used to skate great , haven't been skating in years, HH wants to do this for her birthday.
32. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? I love gifts to give, but if someone wants to give me something, I'm happy to allow them that pleasure.
33. Candy canes? o.k. but prefer chocolate
34. What do you leave out for Santa? nothing now the kids are big enough
Friday, December 22, 2006
Thursday, December 21, 2006
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Monday, December 18, 2006
I am up at stupid hours and working a temp job, trying to get everyone settled for a long Christmas break.
I will post more soon, but dashing off in little white flurries this morning means I have to hurry.
everyone is good, but we definitely are struggling to make the ends meet. robbing peter to pay paul at times doesn't make me a happy chick.
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
But gee mine was posted first so I think I should get a little Blog time and credit for a cool idea too!
Here is my Original Altered Drink Carrier
Monday, December 11, 2006
It is to a page on colorstrology by Pantone, but it is misspelled and funny as this is to me it is one of the pages I get the most hits on in a search that has these two words in it, and if the person misspells the word colorology then my link even comes up first in google!
I think a scrapper originally posted the links to this cool interactive Pantone tool online. But I think I have the corner on the misspelled market for sure. So you know you want to click through to see what I am talking about - and then go to the real web site to get your very own colorstrology.
Sunday, December 10, 2006
the High Tea was great, we had little sandwiches, Scones and cookies and cakes. Tea of course and nice conversation. This is a fund raiser for the church in Georgetown - and it was so sweet, I had a great time.
we visited the old church too, fantastic restored and re-done. The organ was fab I took some interior shots that I will post up too.
The Christmas Market had lots of little artisan vendors and good food. A fire pit and some reindeer I bought a cute pair of mittens and I had a wonderful time with friends.
Thursday, December 07, 2006
|You Were Born Under:|
You have both a fiery energy and a warm heart.
Your charisma and charm makes it easy for you to influence others.
Lucky in life, you also have a reputation of being lucky in love.
Power hungry, you are determined to get what you want - no matter what it takes.
You are most compatible with a Monkey or Rat.
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Sunday, December 03, 2006
What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
I read my Creating Keepsakes and Finished off The Great Divorce By C.S. Lewis. Have my Memory Makers Magazine in my Bag I took to work but didn’t get to read too much of it, I bought a Real Simple and Everyday with Rachel Ray. I made it through most of them too. I love my magazines.
What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
We rented a bunch of movies this month. But CARS was the cutest one we watched. I didn’t like the Da Vinci Code too fractured, the book was much better than the movie. I liked Superman returns. I liked Nacho Libre with Jack Black, He makes me laugh.
I really don't watch too much T.V. Just Bronco Football.
What special days did I celebrate and how?
We celebrated S’s birthday and He has gotten lots of things for a month and more , we enjoyed time together and we even made him a cake. It had cherries and chocolate and was great.
We had an outstanding thanksgiving with friends. I am so thankful for my family, my friends and good food! We had 12 for dinner and dessert, and we all ate laughed and had a great time.
What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
I coughed for a while into November, the cold I had in October just hung on and on. S had a little scare and went to the ER- he had such a bad neck pain, that he drove himself to the ER and they did a blood draw and decided at least he was not having any heart issues, gave him muscle relaxant and pain killer, and sent him on home.
What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
We tore up our kitchen and moved out all the stuff and replaced the flooring and, painted and bought new trim and lots of other stuff, ( we won’t talk about the bathroom) , it is starting to come back together, we moved the stove and swapped it with the fridge, so it is strange new working triangle. But I think I am going to like it just fine. All the kids helped with this whole thing, cause S got another neck pain on the second day of working, He and J replaced all the sub flooring, D painted his heart out and Hh too, really painted.
What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
We didn’t do any new restaurants this month. Kale and assorted mushrooms came into our kitchen and we enjoyed to them fullest. I made a mushroom and beef stroganoff that was sooooo good we all oohed and awed.
What special or unusual purchases did I make?
I bought an 8x8 all about me album
What were this month’s disappointments?
Losing my job! The boys are driving me crazy with their stinking thinking, and teen-age antics. I wish there was more to be able to do except keep on loving on them.
What were my accomplishments this month?
I made 2 thanksgiving centerpieces from my used sonic drink carriers and lots of nice floral and thanksgiving scrapbook paper. I made cards and sent them to friends and family with my best wishes. I got a new kitchen floor installed. We did it DIY!
Anything else noteworthy to record?
Thursday, November 30, 2006
Friday, November 24, 2006
According to the rules… each player of this game starts with the “6 weird things about you”. People who get tagged need to write to their blog their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly:
“In the end you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment in their blogs that says ‘you are tagged’ in their comments section and tell them to read your blog for more information.”
1. I am a control freak, and a sorting fool, though it may not appear to be that way to the casual observer, my house is a messy piles kind of place on first glance , but I know where everything is, I sort and re-sort and have no doubt where things are.
2. I like to sit on the potty and read! sometimes I am in there so long I get a red mark on my thighs. this is the only time I have for me sometimes and I take advantage of it. I get up pretty early and I spend about 15 minutes of that reading. this is funny to me!
3. I am a magazine junkie- this goes along with #2 as this is my favorite kind of reading. I have several subscriptions but i buy lots of magazines too. I like books and read them too, but if i had to pick I would choose magazines over books.
4. I love plants but hate to water them. so this love hate relationship can cause them the failure to thrive and then I act like I don't know what happened. I think this stems from having to dust and water the plants as a kid , those where part of my chore list and I never liked doing either.
5. Ever since I had a rear-end accident ( I was rear-ended) I have anxiety being a passenger in the car. I really hate when anyone drives to close to another person's bumper and I really don't like being right up on any car's tail especially at a stop light . this happened a long time ago. almost 9 years now. I still have fear about it.
6. I like to sort m & m's by color and number and eat them in combinations bordering on OCD this goes back to #1 on my list. I eat all the odd ones first and then make pairs and combinations of others. I will do this with other little candies like skittles and jelly beans, but not to the extent I an compelled to do it with m & m's
so I am tagging, grunt, swampangel, Kate, Scott, AngieP and Katie the scrapbook lady.
We had Friends with Kids over! a couple and thier three children who are close in age to our four children. and we had a single guy from S's office- who doesn't have family here and we invited another but too bad he was a no show.
I made two turkeys- one traditional roasted and stuffed with French Mama's stuffing- this includes chestnuts , sausage, lots of shallots and bread and a bit of grand mariner liquor and one Fried Turkey.
we actually cooked 4 turkeys three in the fryer and one in the oven. so everyone got leftover turkey, all of them weighing around the 13 pound mark. I have to say the oil was the most expensive part of this fun ( we have done this in the past). to get it right you must not give in and use cheap oil, only peanut oil will do and it did do just fine., in fact we are thinking of frying a couple more to put up in the freezer too.
also on the menu was mashed potatoes and turkey gravy- excellent and a must for a traditional meal.
Drunken sweet potatoes ( yams) - these were very wonderful. made with brown sugar, jim beam, maple syrup and a bit of small pineapple tid bits and juice. I made a syrup, cooked the yams in the microwave first and then, cut them into a casserole dish and covered with the drunken syrup, yum !
my friends brought- the best green bean casserole- the kind everybody loves with the fried onions
a carrot dish- with lots of buttery goodness,
great rolls - dinner wouldn't be the same with out rolls.
Jello Salad- yeah.
there was Harry and David Cranberry sauce- with whole cranberries and a jellied cran-raspberry sauce.
a bottle of Shiraz wine from Australia and a bottle of chardonnay from France. I picked these wines and they were excellent.
and then after we rested a bit from dinner- with x-box and game play and t.v. thrown in we had pie!! oh my did we have pie....... we had a chocolate cream pie, a mince meat pie, an apple pie, a pumpkin pie and a cheesecake with cherries and an carvel ice cream cake! all served up and enjoyed - everyone got something they liked- and coffee to finish off the night!!
what a blast - everyone had a great time and no pressure to show off or feel like they weren't there to have a good time. wonderful lovely meal with friends. 12 of us all together.