Sunday, December 03, 2006

Nov. Roundup

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?

I read my Creating Keepsakes and Finished off The Great Divorce By C.S. Lewis. Have my Memory Makers Magazine in my Bag I took to work but didn’t get to read too much of it, I bought a Real Simple and Everyday with Rachel Ray. I made it through most of them too. I love my magazines.

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?

We rented a bunch of movies this month. But CARS was the cutest one we watched. I didn’t like the Da Vinci Code too fractured, the book was much better than the movie. I liked Superman returns. I liked Nacho Libre with Jack Black, He makes me laugh.

I really don't watch too much T.V. Just Bronco Football.

What special days did I celebrate and how?

We celebrated S’s birthday and He has gotten lots of things for a month and more , we enjoyed time together and we even made him a cake. It had cherries and chocolate and was great.

We had an outstanding thanksgiving with friends. I am so thankful for my family, my friends and good food! We had 12 for dinner and dessert, and we all ate laughed and had a great time.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?

I coughed for a while into November, the cold I had in October just hung on and on. S had a little scare and went to the ER- he had such a bad neck pain, that he drove himself to the ER and they did a blood draw and decided at least he was not having any heart issues, gave him muscle relaxant and pain killer, and sent him on home.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?

We tore up our kitchen and moved out all the stuff and replaced the flooring and, painted and bought new trim and lots of other stuff, ( we won’t talk about the bathroom) , it is starting to come back together, we moved the stove and swapped it with the fridge, so it is strange new working triangle. But I think I am going to like it just fine. All the kids helped with this whole thing, cause S got another neck pain on the second day of working, He and J replaced all the sub flooring, D painted his heart out and Hh too, really painted.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?

We didn’t do any new restaurants this month. Kale and assorted mushrooms came into our kitchen and we enjoyed to them fullest. I made a mushroom and beef stroganoff that was sooooo good we all oohed and awed.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?

I bought an 8x8 all about me album

What were this month’s disappointments?

Losing my job! The boys are driving me crazy with their stinking thinking, and teen-age antics. I wish there was more to be able to do except keep on loving on them.

What were my accomplishments this month?

I made 2 thanksgiving centerpieces from my used sonic drink carriers and lots of nice floral and thanksgiving scrapbook paper. I made cards and sent them to friends and family with my best wishes. I got a new kitchen floor installed. We did it DIY!

Anything else noteworthy to record?

No comments: