Tuesday, March 29, 2005

An interesting topic

How others see our scrapbook obsession/ passion reading on Scrapability scrap rants just now a blog by Michelle T http://tinyurl.com/49njw.

I too realized that some people who have never sat and made a scrapbook or even a page layout might view my hobby with distain and a warped sense of it" is all fancy sissors and doilies " but it is much more than that, it is a way to create - art- and for me an outlet for all the other hobbies, I used to have, plus my love for my family and friends. It lets me paint, sew, take photos, create graphics and choose fonts and most of all write the stories of our lives and what they mean to me.

I hope we will be portrayed in the media in a better light than just women who run with sissors ! I hope the ads and marketing folks take a look at us " women" and see all the purchasing power a scrapper can have.

No comments: