Sunday, February 18, 2007

I am blogging from work today

from my last day at boston market catering line - well it is sunday ad so solow I can't believe it is the same place that I have worked since dec, this is the queitest day I have personnally encountered. I tryed to like this job at the corporate office but you know I am just not cut out to meet a set rate for phone calls on the ordering line - I can safely say I have worked in a call center and did o.k. but it really isn't for me.

My intention was to take some time and get my resume together, but I took on another temporary job for Kelly doing some test scoring. I did this at the begining (the test scoring) and enjoyed it-i really haven't enjoed the phone call center work. I thought I could handle it but I discovered I really couldn't - I gave it the old college try anyway. the test scoreing is on some level more an intelectual persuit and all the folks there are college grads, makes for an interesting mix of backgrounds, lots of off work or retired educators or students needing flexable temp jobs. the compnay is called measured progress.

So I had an "exam" in the HR field on the 8th of feb with the U of Colorado in Boulder, I did o.k. and passed the exam!!! I ranked number 4 and the top 3 got the interviews. but i remain on the list in case someone else declines the interview or job offer. YEAH I am really quite proud of myself with this as the job is a " general Proffessional " position with the state university .

these are the things that are on my mind this morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea girl!!! Keep up the good work--should I even call it that? lol!!! Finding the right job or the right place to work is vital to keeping on working. Ask me, I can tell you. Search on!!