Saturday, October 13, 2007

walking - tickets - stuff




Walking has made it to the top and here's why! It's virtually injury-free, will boost your energy level, help you "walk" away stress and burn calories more effectively as compared to running or sprinting. Experts are no longer promoting vigorous exercise to get fit. They are recommending walking for better health. More and more people are adopting it as the most popular form of exercise and combining it with other fitness programs and activities.
This is one of my " ticket items" a personal goal and i have to say I have been pretty successful in tracking my steps: cause here are my pedometer reports
To date you have taken 428,798 steps. This is about equal to: 214.4 miles (345.2 km)1st Day steps tracked: 3/20/2006 - so I am feeling pretty pumped by these numbers.
I have lost 15 lbs since starting my new job and adding my bus commute that includes about a mile of walking a day! YEAH its not huge but i feel better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is supremely wonderful! I have not lost weight with my walking but I think it is really doing the trick to keep me from gaining any more. lol! I am so proud of you for sticking with it. Keep it up! :)

Queue_t said...

I think It is wonderful you are still walking too, I think you are right on, on the keeping it off even if you arent losing a bunch. I have a little more heft than you so the weight is coming off a bit. :)