Saturday, July 01, 2006

June Roundup



June Roundup
What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
on our trip to Topeka and when we arrived at home, we listened to Greg Iles- " Blood Memory", on CD An interesting book. Long though 20 hours.

I got my Memory Makers, CK and 1st issue of blueprint read,

I bought Rachel Ray’s everyday and Real Simple this month.

I tore out some inspirational ads for the house- and finished up my envelope storage to keep them in.


What movies and/or TV shows did I watch this month?

We went to see no movies this month, and really didn't rent to many either, except this weekend, So we watched Aquamarine, with Hh a silly girl movie, but still cute. And the Pink Panther- with Steve Martin as the inspector very funny,

we have date movie, 16 blocks, kiss kiss bang bang and ultra violet to still watch. No a big T.V. month for me.

What special days did I celebrate and how?

We went to Topeka to celebrate Father's day with S's Dad and Step mom, we had a nice little break and took S's son's with us, we drove the Mustang and took all the puppies! We were hot and tired and cramped, but had fun. Other than that we just seemed to have a busy month.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have in June?

None for me other than the head smash with Pantone books. And swollen ankles the doctor wouldn't do anything about. Just getting older ya know what I mean?

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?

I went to webelos weekend at the beginning of the month with J, we had a nice time and the weather was perfect.
We drove to Topeka and back over fathers day weekend.
I had a girls night dinner with my friend Shelley and it was great, she cooked for me and we chatted and caught up with each other.
I had a lovely weekend jaunt with my friend Karen the Bolder farmers market at the last Saturday of the month.
The boys went to the Sand dunes national park and loved every minute of it.
We celebrated the end of Cal’s ministry at St. James on the 11th of June , we will really miss him.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try in June?

We had a lovely corn casserole while at Helen's house and It was so yummy I tried it at home.

For Dale Steven and I I made a BLT salad from my real simple mag it was great and the boys told me I could do it again.

We are eating at a near by Mexican place and my newest favorite dish is a pablano mole made with chocolate yum yum.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?

Wow I don’t think I bought anything really special.
What were this month’s disappointments?

Still not really cleaning and organizing my scrap space, though S. said he would help my this weekend. I would like to scrap more often and find it hard to get my creativity flowing in my messy space.
What were my accomplishments this month?

I completed a small altered box and mailed it off for my blog friend Cathy. Pictures on my blog site. I finished getting a journal for my home ideas together, though nothing is in it just yet. I worked a few more pages in Hh album I am putting together an album for Cal and Gloria and it is over ½ finished. It will have cards and fond fare well wishes, pictures and tags in it. It has been fun to put together.

Anything else noteworthy to record about June?
nothing I can think of.

1 comment:

Katie Nelson said...

great job on the roundup and your firework pics are amazing! Looks like you are having fun with your camera :)