Wednesday, August 02, 2006

July Roundup

I edited this post to include live links

Find this Wonderful Scrapbook Lady

This is her inspiring idea called round up.
What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
I read the Devil in the White City, a historical novel/non fiction story of the world’s fair in Chicago in 1890’s I read The secret life of Bees and Chicken soup for the scrapbooker’s soul .
I bought my self, Scrapbook Answers, and Scrapbooks ect. I got my normal subscriptions to Memory Makers and Creating Keepsakes, magazines and managed to get most of the way through all of them, I bought a New Rachel Ray everyday Magazine too.

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
Not a whole lot of memorable movies, nothing really interests me on t.v. at the moment either.

What special days did I celebrate and how?
We LOVED us a Rockies baseball game for 4th of July, with great fireworks and Fun.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?

Nothing much in this department.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?

We visited with my older brother and nephew at my mom’s house in Colo. Springs. The boys went off to summer Camp at Peaceful Valley Scout Camp. Hh had a blast with Grandma and Grandpa.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
I made Kale this month and unbelievably it was a big hit and my family told me we could have it again. S and I took ourselves out for Dinner at the salt grass steak house- it was good but pricey.
What special or unusual purchases did I make?
I bought myself a necklace with a Q on it, fun to have a quirky nickname, that leaves the cool letter Q up for grabs. This was from Red Envelope, I love thier unusual gifts.

What were this month’s disappointments?

To much time working and not enough playing and doing the fun things I enjoy. Soon I hope as we now have a new rector at church and maybe I can slow up on having to make up the weekly bulletin. Maybe I will find a little me time.

What were my accomplishments this month?

I finished the scrapbook for the Rector that retired, with lots of tags and scriptures and note cards and pictures. I sent my pal Kate a fun gift mail! Even including a letter.

Anything else noteworthy to record
?

No comments: