Saturday, October 28, 2006

A Great Day - with friends

We worked hard at the church today- painting, prepping for winter, trimming trees and basic other assorted hard work. our Friends Karen and Art and their kids D and A. Hh and SSD and SSd2- no J he was " gone fishing" , we had lots of church help and W. and his mom Carol from the troop came too. what a great turn out. Jane and M. were industrious too.

we had the secret ingredient Chili! ( venison) and hot dogs and cookies. all the kids were great.

"In fact, I think she even managed to slip some elk or porcupine or something into a dish she served when Mom, daughter, and I last visited in 2005. (Who has these things in her freezer?!) It was one of those normal foods that you take a serving of on the side but I wound up eating something like four helpings and vaguely remember holding the empty serving bowl and licking the spoon because it was that damn good. When I finally asked what the secret ingredient is, I wished that I had not asked what the secret ingredient is. (Duh! That’s why it’s a secret!) Really, what use was it to me anyway?"

I still am not up to 100% coughing gets me down, so I took it pretty easy. With my boss gone all week last week, the snowy weather and all the work and commitments I have not had time to rest and get well.... looking forward to a bit of a break soon, but I may have to wait until thanksgiving.

No comments: