Tuesday, September 11, 2007

What are we made of?



"We imagine we would be all right if a big crisis arose; but the big crisis will only reveal the stuff we are made of, it will not put anything into us." Oswald Chambers


Rebecca Sower had this quote on her web site today, and My girl Kate too! Seems a good thing to Meme them with it here too.
The two pictures above are New York, New york Las vegas style. but since I have never been to NY city proper these are the photos I have to remind me of the twin towers, The recent history of this event in our lives will touch us all for a long time. As I drove to work today I reflected on how much my life has changed in the 6 years that have gone by, but every year this aniversary marks a pivitol place in my life and that of my family. I didn't lose anyone I know of personnally that day, but all the lives lost touched my soul, the memorey as clear as if this happened last week not 6 years ago. My S lost his job, we went on a jaunt to SLC, UT the weekend after this happened on a Tuesday- it was a weird trip full of people on the roadways and in hotels and everywhere news on all the time. ( there were still no planes flying) Creepy in someways, end of days in someways. But we did survive as a nation, and that which didn't kill us made us all stronger. I think I have come out stronger on the other side. I think S would say so too. I know America has too.
Stay strong, and don't ever forget this day.

No comments: