Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Boys will be Boys

Sometimes it is very hard to be a Mom / stepmom. I really don't seem to get the need for the boys to " lie" about things?

SSD1 is on the move - as in out of here-- He will be moving back in with his mother, not sure at what success this will be, or how long it will last, but I am at the end of my tolerance for boy bad behavior.... and she can have a little taste of a do nothing attitude and I am all done with school...She can buy 3.50$ milk and 4.00 gas to feed him and run him around. I am ready to be done with it for a while. we have had him in our home for 4 years now, and I believe we were instrumental in his high school success. It is hard to see him just want to blow it all out and take an easy route, instead of working to a goal. But some times you just have to let some of the dreams and hopes go by the wayside and hope to GOD that you have equiped these kids well, and they will do o.k. it will just take a bit of time.

right now though I am done with lies - I would rather have the disapointing truth and know the real failure than be lied to because it is easier than disapointing me and Dad and ( the worst is lying to yourself) others. It is easier to believe our own lies and deceits that acknowledge our short commings, maybe some of the " truths of life" will come with age and maturity, I can only send my prayers up for GOD to take care of him and help him to know his strengths as well as his weaknesses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got your card in the mail - love it! My car is a purse, too. Actually, more like a giant duffel with wheels. I spend a lot more time in there now that I have a second job.
I am sorry to hear of this news. If only common sense was as easy to hand out as advice! Personally, I wish I had learned from the mistakes of others instead of trying every one out myself. In the end, it's still an education. lol!
Maybe a little time with his mom will accelerate his learning by experience. Sometimes it works as well to learn what NOT to be.
You and S are in my thoughts and prayers!