Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Life Lessons


The great lesson is that the sacred is in the ordinary, that it is to be found in one's daily life, in one's neighbors, friends, and Family, in one's backyard.

Abraham Maslow

Fun days in the sun, Hh went to a friend's house ( apartment) and they swam in the pool yesterday. It reached a high of 97 degrees here and it is supposed to be hotter today.

We are in the middle of trying to call a new rector for the church- and Last night we had an emergency meeting- it was hot and ran late, the boys were at a scout function at a local pool doing a swim check. We picked them up later than the meeting time, and made the scout leaders wait, for us. I made S call and apologize - our bad, we tried to fit too many things into too small a time frame. Bad choice on our part. {So again I would like to say Sorry for making you wait for us to pick up the boys Karen- and Art- some times she reads my blog to see what I am up too. We didn't want to incovience you or others, we made a bad choice- begging forgiveness please}

We are going to get a " priest in charge" most likely and we need to be moving along and making a decission. We have interviewed our canidate the diosceses provided for us. I think most of us like him, he is very different than our current rector.

I have been feeling poorly - my feet and ankles have been swollen for more than a week, my doctor didn't have any earth shattering revelations for me on Monday. But they are better this morning finnally. Hh and I have slacked for a week on our walking regime, she is out of school for the summer and our routine has been disrupted. So need to get back to my monitoring and pedometering!

well that is about it for the moment anyway

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to here your feet are doing better.

Yes you must march on for you are the example that we are following.

swampangel