Monday, June 26, 2006

a self portrait

Interesting - not all that happy with this shot , but it was fun to try out my camera on a night setting and with timer on, I wish I could smile in time : ) I am so critical of myself that it is hard to believe I am posting this up to the web. But at this time in my life this is who I am - I can't get away from it.

Today I had my eyebrows done. This is something I have been doing for two years now, My girl K8 really showed me how nice they look and frame my face when they are natural but not out of control bushy ( think Brooke Sheilds gone wild) - this photo is Pre-waxed. I will post up another in a a couple of days post wax.

I had a hillarious gal from Ghanna, west africa do them today and she did each eye with one swoop. It hurts like hell but I love it. She laughed at my desire to stay on the natural side and said she had recently got caught up in a few more, a few more, and soon they, her brows, are too narrow, so she used " marker" to draw them on. I laughed and sighed and understood.

I had Hh with me when I went to get them done, and she then had to check her own out in the van's re-view mirror, we then had the mother daughter discussion about body hair and when we would like to have done things differently. I told her to try not to shave her blondie legs until she absolutly has too, this is my worst thing and most hairy spot! Underarms on the other hand, well I never let them get very hairy. She laughed, I laughed and we had a moment to be us. Posted by Picasa

No comments: