Monday, December 31, 2007

happy new year


I hope that 2008 will bring us lots of good things.

we made it through a rough year- from last Nov 2006 to now, but I am glad to report that god has been there for us.... and has provided a good job that I really like. S is doing well at his job and SSD1 is doing well too, making his way to graduation. Hh is the light in our lives and shines brightly. SSD2 is doing well and actually maturing and learning to maneuver some new challenges. J is better with ex-J these days and as much as I loath the thought it is probably for the best, it is sometimes hard to see the forest for the trees- tough love has been very hard- but again I have asked for strength and receive it daily.

I have decided to keep my senior warden position, and committed to trying to dedicate more time to my scout crew, ( geo caching) , there seems to be lots to fill my waking time. I look forward to planning some trips to see a few more folks this year. We will have a little time off in the spring I hope and maybe we can go west this year. Though we will miss our annual spring break with the " girls" of Nebraska if we swap a trip. I am looking forward to a raise, and the 1st thing I will replace is a maid service - this has been the thing I have totally missed the most from my loss of employment last November.

so there you have it a mini review and a mini hopes for the coming year. Sometimes it is the little things in life that are the best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the girls of Nebraska will go west, too. At least until we run into you. :) I think this will be a good year for travel!