Monday, March 31, 2008

I have lost my friend today



Carol Lynn (Smith) DiFazio
Carol Lynn (Smith) DiFazio 44, passed into eternal life on March 27th, 2008. Carol was born on July 15th, 1963 in Colorado Springs, CO. She was married to her loving husband Sal for over 15 years, and they were best friends for 25 years. She treasured spending time with her family and friends. Those who knew her were blessed to be a part of her life. She was a woman who always put others before herself. What we will remember and miss about Carol was her loving, caring, sweet, thoughtful spirit, and the many other wonderful things she meant to each and every one of us. She was employed by El Paso County Assessors Office for 16 years. She was preceded in death by her mother Mary E. (Mallin) Smith and mother-in-law Virginia M. (Reinhard) DiFazio. She is survived be her loving husband Sal and her beautiful daughter Tara; and father Richard C. Smith (Maryhelen); brothers Richard C. Smith, Jr. (Cathy and his son Matthew) and Gary A. Smith (sons Derek, Nicholas, and Mark); father-in-law Tony DiFazio; brother-in-law Ron DiFazio (Pam and their children Lacey, Alexis and Stephen). XOXOXO We love you so much and will miss you XOXOXO Visitation will be held, Tuesday April 1st, 4:00-8:00 P.M. Evergreen Funeral Home, 1830 E Fountain Blvd. A celebration of Carol's life will be held at: Benet Hill Monastery at 11:00 A.M. Wednesday April 2nd 2555 N Chelton Rd. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the: Leukemia Lymphoma Society (LLS/Rocky Mountain) 5353 Dartmouth Ave Ste 400 Denver, CO 80227 Or by phone (303) 984-2110 ask for Georgia. Published in The Gazette from 3/30/2008 - 3/31/2008.
Oh my Gosh- this is terrible news, Carol- She was something else right up to the end. For my birthday in February she sent me an e-mail card,she never forgot that my birthday was on groundhog's day! I didn't even know she was ill, I am so very sad at this news and can't believe it.
I knew Carol from the time I moved into Cheyenne Hills, she always was a friend. I was the new kid in 8th grade having " moved up" a grade when we came back from Europe, She never made any bones about it, just let me be who I was going to be. She was steady and kind and she had a wonderful heart. She was always there at home, a link for me when I thought of anytime in high school or if I was in Colorado Springs I always thought of her.
She loved her life with Sal and her Daughter Tara. I remember attending the baby shower for Tara- I think she was soexcited to have a child. There were other times we got together, but they became fewer over the years as life changes and we go our separate ways. When we organized the 20th reunion, Carol didn't come; I talked to her many times in the year leading up to the event, but in the end didn't get to see her. She knew my parents and always asked after them. I knew her family too.
I was in Colorado Springs just today- incredible news for me. I am not sure I will be able to attend her memorial services, I am just so very sad at her passing and bummed to arrive home tonight to this news. Tamara (Spector)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss! She looks like she was a fabulous woman. The friends you just know are in your corner - whether you talk to them often or not - are the best. I'm glad you could call her friend.