Tuesday, May 02, 2006

rounding up APRIL

Here's the April roundup:

April events & information:

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?

I read Digital Fortress- by Dan Brown ( wrote the DaVinchi Code) It is intriguing and so interesting premises., I finish my first reading of Moving On By Sarah Ban Breathnack , I want to go back and work on things in this book. I bought a copy of Rachel Ray’s everyday, and Real Simple . I got my creating keepsakes in the mail and my Memory Makers magazine.

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?

We watched lots of movies this month, Narnia, Chicken little, The sisterhood of the traveling pants, matchpoint, memoirs of a geisha, brokeback mountain, heaven sent, best friends, and history of violence.

I was disapointed a bit in the Narnia movie, bummed cause some of the special effects were not as good or more distracting thatn helpful.

What special days did I celebrate and how?

S and I celebrated 7 years together in marriage by playing hooky from work and going up to the gambling town, for fun and lunch. April 17th.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have in April?

I ended up with a bad cold, still haven’t gotten over the cough, and everyone in my house had one too.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?

I went cropping on the the archivers store near me, we went to Central city and gambled. We enjoyed some movie nights together.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try in April?

We tried a new Mexican place down the road from our house , because our favorite one in the neighbor hood changed hands and now is not our favorite anymore. I am a good cook and hate to have to eat leftovers so I am always coming up with new recipes to try. We made salmon on the grill, and that was something new for me.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?

I bought myself a new pair of sneakers and a new pair of sandals, I bought all the kids shoes, we spent lots of money this month and all kinds of things. I made a cute little album for my neighbor.

What were this month’s disappointments?

That I didn’t get as much done as I would have liked and still haven’t sent my journals in to 1000 journal project. I wish all the time for more time to be creative, and better organization of my space, but I haven’t gotten motivated to do a real good job, I would love to have a friend help me to take and clean sweep my scrap area.

What were my accomplishments this month?

That I actually finished and gave away a whole album, photo copied it and made scans of it. That I blogged nearly everyday, that I took some photos Yeah.!! I finished two books.

Any thing else noteworthy to record about April?

I walked a lot!! Nearly 78 miles in the last 7 weeks, this is a wonderful thing, I am trying not to get down on myself more and this is a positive, Hh has faithfully come with me the whole time too- it is a sweet , faithful, and endearing her loving kindness.

visit Katie the scrapbook lady for great monthly memories and this roundup template idea - thanks Katie

2 comments:

The Grunt said...

Sounds like you've had a productive month. May your May be even better:)

Katie Nelson said...

I loved Digital Fortress also! I think I'm going to start re-reading all of Dan Brown's books this month :)