Thursday, July 05, 2007

musical Meme

1. Go to the Billboard #1 Hits Listings (scroll down and you’ll see them separated by decades on the left in the sidebar).
2. Pick the year you turned 18.
3. Get yourself nostalgic over the songs of the year.
4. Pick 5 songs and write something about how these songs affected you.
5. Pass it on to more friends.

Well I was 18 in 1982 so can I count the year leading up to it as well?? scince that was when I graduated high school and moved on the college these are from 1981

March 7 - March 20: I Love A Rainy Night Eddie Rabbitt

This song reminds me of my friend Sylvia and a friend of hers too, who drove a truck over the road -and was a good looking guy. The line about the windsheild wipers always brings them to mind.

March 21 - March 27: Keep On Loving You - REO Speedwagon

REO - helped me through college. there are very few songs that they have that I don't know so when ever I hear them it brings back great times at Linfeild for me.

August 1 - August 14: Jessie's Girl - Rick Springfield

oh who didn't love Noah Drake on General Hospital. and Rick is back these days making me nostalgic for the simpler life and times. My mom has been a gh fan for as long as I can remember. So this is associated with her for me.

October 17 - November 6: Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do) - Christopher Cross

Chris Cross - where did he go?? he had one or two albums and did some songs that I really liked, so I picked this one cause " sailing " didn't make it on the list!!! maybe i need to go find some of his stuff for my shuffle list.

and from 1982
March 20 - May 7: I Love Rock n' Roll - Joan Jett and the Blackhearts

What can I say this is as good of an anthem today as it was 25 years ago! I loved her kick ass attitude in this song, as well as bad reputation.

No comments: