Saturday, April 02, 2005

100 things about me

100 Things about ME

The 100 Things About Me meme has already circulating the blogosphere since before 2002. Though the source is unknown, you can still find it on many blogs. (It also makes journaling for a great Book of ME layout!) Here's my contribution.

  1. My name is Tamara, my friends and family call me Tam for short- in High School was the last time people called my Tammy
  2. I'm 41.
  3. I'm an Aquarius.
  4. I was born in Wurtzburg Germany.
  5. I've lived in the west Denver metro area for 20+ years.
  6. I have salt and pepper hair.
  7. I've been married 6 years to my wonderful husband Steven and before for 12+ years
  8. Steven is the best friend I have ever had ;)
  9. I started College as a Pre-Med major.
  10. I majored in Distributed studies- mostly political science and sociology with a French minor.
  11. I finished my Bachelor's Degree in 1985. .
  12. my Dad is Jewish and my mom converted a long time ago from catholic but we were always influenced by it.
  13. I still remember a few of the prayers in Hebrew that I learned in Jewish Sunday school.
  14. I started scrapbooking in 1997
  15. I hardly ever scrapbook family stuff but I am working to do better. I mostly do albums for my children.
  16. I love to scrap because it includes all the things I find I love, paper craft, art and sewing, painting and just cool stuff.
  17. My first website was theCrandalls.org (1998).
  18. it needs a fresh face – I had to take it down about 2 years ago
  19. I have pierced ears. One on the left and two on the right after a dare that I wouldn’t do the third one.
  20. I am not very tall
  21. I got my Jewish nose from my father
  22. I got my large hips from my mom.
  23. I love to watch movies and videos with my husband.
  24. My husband and I lived together for 2 years before we got engaged.
  25. I love all things chocolate and ice cream.
  26. I Love seafood
  27. I'm allergic to strawberries but love most other fruits and veggies.
  28. I have two wonderful children and two wonderful step sons too.
  29. My older brother gave me a scar under my nose by throwing scissors at me when I was about 8 years old
  30. Many of my childhood family vacations were spent all over France and Europe. My favorite was to the Riviera by Monaco.
  31. I've been online since 1995. I started with learning Unix
  32. I taught myself all the word processing programs starting with WordStar
  33. I can’t touch type, but still can type 40 words a minute.
  34. I like Chai Tea, I liked it before it became a popular drink, I had it in an Indian restaurant.
  35. My parents were older when they had kids 30, me too, I was 27 with my first and 32 with my second.
  36. My older brother flew on Air force Two ( special air missions) as a flight engineer
  37. I got to go aboard several planes that had been presidential planes.
  38. I've tried smoking once.
  39. I was raised with some Jewish and some catholic traditions.
  40. I was confirmed Episcopalian in 2000 by the bishop of Colorado.
  41. I participated at local, district (state), and jurisdictional (regional) levels of the Episcopal conferences.
  42. My husband truly is a great dad, I am always so pleased at the way he handles kids.
  43. In grade school, my favorite color was red. It changed to purple when I was in college (LINFIELD Red and purples! GO Wildcats)
  44. My eyes are Brown. My husband’s are blue. I have one blue eyed child and one brown eyed.
  45. I saw Star Wars Return of the Jedi in a movie theatre in Salt Lake city during severe flooding.
  46. I lived in Germany for almost 6 years with my family in a two bedroom apartment where my brother had to sleep on a rollaway bed in the hallway. We had only one bathroom for 5 of us.
  47. I would like to visit Ireland, England, Paris France , Australia and new Zealand
  48. I'm dying to go to Paris with my husband.
  49. I want to be a famous scrapper
  50. I've never been to Paris, though I have been to many other cities in France and Germany .
  51. I love reading.
  52. I love listening to Country music and Watching videos.
  53. I used to listen to John Denver in my dorm room.
  54. I lived in an all girls' dorm for two years.
  55. The dorm was in the oldest building on campus with 16 foot ceilings and huge windows that rattled in the wind
  56. We have a 3 dogs, two cats and a fish.
  57. I'm a people person.
  58. I'm a night owl but I also like early morning
  59. My favorite perfume is Channel #5
  60. I love Chinese food -- I almost always order combination Lo Main I like all the flavors together.
  61. My French grandmother was a great cook and I learned a lot from my mother too.
  62. I regularly feed 100 people at church functions, mostly breakfasts.
  63. I wish I knew how to knit or crochet.
  64. My dad is retired from the army and the civilian service with a 43 year career.
  65. Now my husband is in IT -- professional "geek".
  66. I don’t make birthday cakes anymore after making one that was hard as a rock
  67. I worry about my kids and want them to have a good life
  68. I worry about paying for kids college.
  69. I hate to dust.
  70. I don't mind cooking or doing the dishes.
  71. Laundry sucks but we have to do it
  72. I second guess my decisions often.
  73. I often assume what my husband is thinking (and am frequently wrong).
  74. I try to avoid confrontation.
  75. My favorite candle scents are cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and sugar cookie.
  76. My favorite scent from Bath & Body Works is Warm Vanilla Sugar and vanilla bean noel .
  77. I'm afraid of fire
  78. I wrote poetry through high school and college.
  79. My 9th grade Art teacher was the first to notice my Artistic skills. She gave me the confidence to LOVE art.
  80. My parents are still married -- 43+ years later.
  81. I am a mixture of French-English-polish and 2nd generation American .
  82. I was a life guard for two summers I loved it!
  83. I rode my bike to and from work everyday all summer 5 miles each way.
  84. I love jewelry, my favorite stone is amethyst .
  85. None of my grandparents are still living.
  86. I've had 5 best friends in my lifetime, but only have contact with three of them right now.
  87. I miss scrapping with my best friend Kate who lives in NE
  88. I graduated high school with a 3.8 GPA in the top 7% of my class
  89. I'm allergic to aspirin and Morphine, too bad it is the good drugs!
  90. I took French for 7 years -- all of high school and all in college. I can still read it and understand it.
  91. I adore Cruises and want to go again I have taken two
  92. I like wrapping presents and making cards
  93. I tend to hoard supplies and paper
  94. I am a pack rat and want to save tons of stuff that should be thrown away
  95. I love taking photos and am getting much better since I really started to scrapbook
  96. I am very resourceful and can make things go along way
  97. I have worked at a job since I was 16 years old ( I took two years off in 2001 and 2002 while my daughter was in pre-school and kindergarten)
  98. I spend too much time looking at the net and not working on my scrapbooks
  99. I didn’t get my first car ( of my own) until I was 21 and already married.
  100. I collect V.W. model cars

No comments: