Saturday, April 02, 2005

Mother

My mother and I have a love/ hate relationship , probably because I have always been an independant child and adult, I haven't depended on her, though I always want her approval. This is my downfall - I wish I were a better daughter and did all the things she hoped I would do. But my reality is I don't think I have often done what she wanted me to do.

She has grown older lately and two sunday's ago she fell in the early morning and broke her arm! it could have been worse but it really is quite worrysome anyway, it may be 8 weeks for her to recover and heal, but more than that to get function back. My mom is suffering but doesn't want much help from me her independant girl. She did call today asking me to buy her a little shawl/poncho and send it to her, I did go right out and buy two that will work for what she needs. I will send them to her Monday and hope she will find a little comfort in that I did the right thing.