Tuesday, April 19, 2005

picking your battles

this is a fight in the never ending war, she says" but everybody is doing it" you say "well what if everyone threw themselves off the cliff?? " " she then whines..... " momMMMMM"

should the flip flops be worn to school?? I say no, she pouts, I can't stand this fight and I give in with the abomonation that I will say something to S. who will say some thing to her.... but in the end I just don't know if this is one of those " pick your fight carefully" or if this is the " don't sweat the small stuff" so I say to her " fine, but just don't tell me about your toes or what is hurting on your feet! unless it is an emergency!" and I let her go, this little girl of mine, growing up too fast for me , and I think about all the battles in the War ahead and wonder about the choices I will have to make in the future.
Technorati Tags:
, ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we've had this battle before. it drives me nuts that she's allowed to wear them according to school rules. you're right... pick your battles (and breath in and out, lol~).

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » » »