Thursday, November 04, 2010

Coins





Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can detirmine how it will be spent. ~~ carl sandburg


so over sunday I spent time at my parents home. spending my coins was a topic that came up. I have done alot of soul searching and learning about myself with thearpy over the years ( my friends know to be true) suffice it to say I don't see eye to eye with my mom- what's new there? She sees my life and spending one way ,I see it another. I am more selfish with my time these days - but importntly that makes me a harder person. It has been harder to choose to not communicate the negative.... I still find myself there sometimes. It has been harder to be colder to those around me... for so many years my kindness is taken for granted. It is harder to be less free with my time ... my volunteer spirit has dampened a bit. This was a telling quote for me to consider.

No comments: