Tuesday, February 28, 2006

round up

So we've reached the last day of February 2006 and it's time to Roundup Your Memories!Don't know what a roundup is? Well you can read all about it in last month's post athttp://roundupyourmemories.blogspot.com/2006/01/roundup-your-memories-introduction.html

February events & information:

* Did I watch or follow any of the 2006 Winter Olympics during the month of February? If so, what were my favorite events?

I watched some olympic events, I didn’t manage to see the opening or closing ceremonies, I always enjoy the figure skating and I really was interested in the new snowboard cross, an interesting even and action packed, I like speed skating too, so I caught a few events, we didn’t watch them with as much attention because they weren’t in the US this year.

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?

I read my March CK

I am reading Raising Cain- protecting the emotional lives of boys I am about ½ way through it. I need a prespective on J, and I want to know more about all the guys in my life Steven included. I want to beable to communicate better and make better judgements based on learing more about guys!

I bought Rachel Rays new cooking magazine, a nice magazine- but later heard a local food critic’s review on the radio of her new book, and the gal said she was all about the money and only turned on nice when the camera was rolling?? What is up with that.

I am re-reading the little red book of sales by Geoffry Gitmore , interesting and informative for my businesss.


What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?

We rented Bill and Ted’s excelent adventure what a crack up. Enjoyed it fully and the kids thought it was hillariously funny too, with Keneau Reeves and Bill England I never saw it when I was in high school, but it is great.

T.v mostly the news and olympics. Music videos

What special days did I celebrate and how?

We have a very busy feb. at our house, I start off the month on ground hogs day with my birthday- I had a great time shopping and lunching with a friend that day.

Then we have Valentines day- S. Sent me flowers- roses they were great and lasted a long time – I gave hime a doxie calendar for his desk at work.

Then we have Hh ‘s birthday on the 21st, we made a cake and special dinner for her on the Sunday before, she got a new bedroom set and just loves it, mostly purple and a cool canopy thing, and little gypsy type lights, she got jewlery and a new lamb for her collection.

Her and S, worked so hard on her science fair project, she won a coveted place at the district level, so then we will see if she moves on up to state? They did a display of “What is electricity??” she had a blast learning all about electricity and how to produce it using all kinds of methods. She got a science fait medal and is overjoyed with it, all her hard work paid off.

Then we Had DSS D’s birthday on the 25th , we were going to have him and make a cake and special dinner for him, but he was ill that day and we didn’t get him for his birthday this year.


What illnesses or health concerns did I have in February?

I had a weekend of headaches but they went away,

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?

S and I went to the home show and the Naughty Show at the Colorado Convention Center neither time did we take kids, so that was acctually like having two dates this month with my Honey. I got to meet Frank the designer from trading Spaces ( one of my favorite shows)

We went to the Science fair at the elementary school as a family.

We had Shove Tuesday pancake supper at the church on the 28th and the boys’ Scout troop helped and got community service hours.

Our Boys studied the Merit badge for citizenship in the community and we attennded a local city council meeting. It was interesting and informative for them.


* What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try in February?

We ate at a restaurant called “ Gumbo’s” It was so wonderful, we miss having good cajun here in Denver. Steven had a steak filet that was so tender it was like butter and my pork tenderloin was so out of this world wonderful, we had great dessert too there our splurge. Maybe we will go ther to celebrate our anniversary this year too.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
I bought myself a vibrating pillow - but broke it before I even had it ten days!

I didn't buy any scrap supplies this month

What were this month’s disappointments?

I can't find my scrap Mojo and haven't scrapped all month, I did make valentines and sent them out but that is the extent of my creativeness this month. I owe a journall for the 1000 journal project and I have to catch up there too.

What were my accomplishments this month?!

I made it through all that I had to do - 4 church bullitins - valentines to my friends- cards and letters to my pals. Not much else.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your daughter on the science fair project. Good luck to her at State.

And wow, check out the books your reading. Some really tuff stuff.

Your month was really busy and your right that was an acomplishment. I don't think I would have handled it all.

Katie Nelson said...

Great job on the roundup! I love to see how this is working for everyone! :)

Thanks,
Katie

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » » »