Sunday, February 19, 2006

well here it is the old photo

"Stories are all any family really has.
Fortunes can be lost, and houses can crumble. But rare is the family, rich or poor, that has no stories to pass on to the next generation: the tales of their forebearers' heroism and heartbreak, their successes and failures.
These aren't the kind of stories that make the history books; they're the ones told and retold at family reunions and graduation parties, to relatives who've heard the stories a million times or to wide-eyed kids who can't get enough of their clan's mythology."
~ Maureen Ryan (Chicago Tribune Staff Writer)



My oldest brother and I in front of Military quarters at Fort Carson Colorado maybe in 1968 - my Dad sent me this photo with the caption that we look like a married couple in miniture instaed of brother and sister, the thing I remember about this photo and a few others I have like it- is that we would go to a " jewish " sunday school and get dressed up really nice, then my mom would snap our photos, or Dad would too, we had a super 8 film camera too and there are a few of this kind of outfit on parade , we would walk down the steps and sidewalk and my dad would tell us to keep walking, meanwhile we would turn our heads and look at the camera, LOL .

I think this is one dress I liked, I seem to remember it being red with the big picture collar white, it had lots of minipleats and a little swing to it. all in all a fun photo- thanks Dad Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Awwww! I love that photo! How cute!

Jamie said...

New blog addy....

http://iaminlovewithmyscooter.blogspot.com/