Saturday, September 09, 2006

my round up a little late

Find this Wonderful Scrapbook Lady

This is her inspiring idea called round up.

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
my normal subscriptions to Memory Makers and Creating Keepsakes, magazines and managed to get most of the way through all of them. I got a new paper craft mag and did read it. I bought a B& g publication called EAT, it has great recipes in it. I began a book called the second assistant.

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
I had a weekend marathon last weekend of the design star series on HGTV, I love that show. We watched Man on Fire and two for the money, both I had never seen before. We watched Ella enchanted and Fever pitch, fun Chicky flicks.

What special days did I celebrate and how?
We celebrated SS, D’1’s birthday early in the month, We got to see my Brother ( the younger) We visited with my mother –in-law and her friend PJ, We went to celestial season’s tea factory Plant 2 times in 30 days! It was great and I learned a ton of things about tea. We enjoyed samples and made some fun purchases, like an herb filled kitty cat for my shoulders. That looks just like my real kitty Rasputin. The kids are all returned to school, after much money and time spent gathering needed supplies, clothes and other necessaries.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
I am having little flutters in my chest and I am not sure weather it is related to a pill I take or not, so it is off to the doctor very soon for an appopintment, to determine the need to be concerned with this.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
See entry under special days.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
S and I went out to eat at Papadeaux’s a Chain of seafood restaurant” Cajun” cooking. It was great, but we waited for over an hour to be seated! And the restaurant seats 600!!! , but I fell in love with Cajun food when we first visited new Orleans many years ago. So this made me happy to have a little taste of a memory. I made a pork Mole, a kind of sauce for meat made with chocolate or cocoa – it was great, S and I enjoyed it. Over rice.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
I bought me some new books and a couple of calendars “ Susan Branch” heart of the home calendars. I love her art work and sentiments and she appeals to me on a heart level. As well as an art level. LOL. I went to Target and bought a frame for a printed poster, I got a great deal on a clearance frame for 8 dollars- 16 x 20 inches.

What were this month’s disappointments?
To many days spent doing too many things for others. Not enough creative time, I would like to get back into a social scrapping routine. When I ran my own scrap message spin-off e-mail board, I used to at least get to scrap once a month.

What were my accomplishments this month?
I made card’s for my mother in law and my mom for their respective birthdays, I did the bulletin for church every week, this month I will be coming up on a year of doing them. I think this is a great accomplishment, I have really improved my word skills and editing skills. I has forced me to get out of my box and learn new things , that is a great thing for me, as I am a lifelong learner.

Anything else noteworthy to record?
I took a mini break form blogging but I promise to blog more regularly real soon. I enjoy this everyday part of my life.

No comments: