Monday, September 11, 2006

Where was I when the world stopped turning

I was in the shower that morning, with my shower radio on,( this is my normal status in the morning, as I don’t always have time to listen to the news weather and traffic when I get upstairs in the morning, I try to do it right as I am showering). S was up and getting ready for work, he was looking on the news online. ( his morning routine) , when the morning show on KYGO a country channel here in Denver, actually broke into a song, to report that a plane had flown into the world trade center building, they didn’t have much more news than that—I hurried to finish my shower and get to where S. was, As I came out of the bathroom, I told him to hurry and put the t.v. on and find some news, a plane was involved in an accident with the world trade center. We went right to the news, and then we saw the second plane, and of course like the rest of the world we couldn’t believe what we just saw and what it really meant (terrorists)

Hh was in 1st grade and we didn’t want to take her to school that day. With friends we decided to go to the park and get away from the TV’s that afternoon, after watching all the tragedy that happened in New York, Pennsylvania and Washington. So we spent a few hours hugging and loving our kids and our friends.

Then my world began to unravel too, I had been mostly a stay at home mom for a couple of years, but after 9-11 S lost his job, we started over at square one. It has been an up and down 5 years for us. We had lows and highs. But the world changed on that day we all became a little more jaded, a little more patriotic and a little less innocent about others.

I will remember today and everyday to not let my freedom be taken for granted, to love those around me with my whole heart, because you never know what is around the next corner. Peace to all the survivors of this day.

No comments: